Question on documents

My party consists of three people in one cabin. We plan on charging everything to one cabin account and then settling up in cash at the end of the cruise. Last year when we cruised the same way, we were all three listed in the same ticket packet. This year, my companions (a married couple) have their own packet, and I have my own. A few questions: Do we have to provide a credit card number on the documents in the back of our ticket book anyway? Since we're all going to be charging to the same cabin account, do we only need to fill out one document that lists all of us as being eligible to sign to the one cabin account? Or do they fill out one and I fill out one? Should each one list all three of us? If we say we want to pay by credit card and list one on the documents, can we then opt to settle up in cash at the end anyway? When is the best time to do that? First thing on the morning of debarkation? Is it usually very crowded there? I'd hate to spend my last few hours on board standing in line. Any advice?

You should fill out the form with all three parties listed as being able to charge on the account. You will list only one credit card as security. At the end of the cruise you can settle the account with cash or on three different credit cards. Your account will be set up for you at the pier when you board the ship, just have the form all filled out and ready to go.

It can be a long wait to settle your account on the last morning, so it might be worth it to just leave the charges on the credit card and have your traveling companions give you the cash to pay the credit card bill when it arrives at your house. You can only settle the account on the morning you disembark, and the line can be quite long to do anything at the purser's office.

Or you can ask them to set up two accounts one for you and one for the couple and the sea card will keep the cost for each.

Single women & men sharing a stateroom do it all the time.

Archived