Cozumel with Kids (2.5 and 4)

Zeebaby

We are traveling with our preschoolers on Carnival Liberty 8/11 and needed advice on what to do with kids. I was thinking just walking around in town and a nice beach. The Nachi Cocum beach looks awesome, but we won't be doing much drinking with the kids. Any suggestions on a beautiful beach? Not even sure we want to do a tour since hubbie and I have been before.

Nachi Cocum would be nice, but it sounds like it wouldn't really be best suited for you. You can go to Chankanaab. Taxi is around $10 each way. Admission is $21 adults, $14 for kids 3-11. You can use a coupon to save a little here: http://cozumelparks.gob.mx/cupones/index.html. It's a very nice park. You can watch the dolphin programs from a distance. They also do sea lion shows, which are always entertaining for everyone. People always love the lizards that like to roam around. If you wanted to do some snorkeling, this is a nice spot for it. Or you can relax on the beach. The only drawback would be that it's a very rocky entrance into the water, with handrails and deep water immediately. Not great for the kids, but they may enjoy the playground.

Paradise Beach is a nice option. Taxi about $13, free admission, $2 beach chairs. Wrist bands for the water toys are $12, but your kids may be too young for that. They will expect adults who don't get the wrist band to spend around $10 on food/drinks. They do have a nice pool, and smoother entrance at the shoreline with plenty of shallow space. It will be busier there. It's very popular, because it's the best value for your money.

Thanks k2excursion. It looks like either Chakanaab or Paradise Beach might work best for us with Paradise Beach looking like the best option. The girls are scared of flys so I can't imagine their reaction to a lizard.

The girls are scared of flys so I can't imagine their reaction to a lizard.

lol. Here are a couple of our visitors that came wandering nearby our spot at Chankanaab, not too long before we left. It's not a guarantee you'll see them, but they are common there, and they draw a crowd. I've got more pics of Chankanaab in my April 2010 Dream review. Pics of Paradise Beach are in my Nov 2010 Triumph review and my March 2012 Magic review. All the links are in my signature.

P1040165.jpg

P1040169.jpg

Archived