Back from Surgery

btrbill

Hello all!

A few weeks ago, I was involved in some good debates on this board about milestone, et al... I am hoping you folks got some resolution. I have not read the boards to check yet.

I had to check out for a while due to spinal fusion surgery and caging to alleviate some problems I was having with my back/legs. The surgery seems to be sucessful and I am getting back to my old self. Hopefully I can return to work to the job I love by the end of the month.

Here is something somewhat ironic... My Doctor and I both believe I actually damaged my back worse while I was sailing on the Elation the last weekend of April! TOTALLY NOT CCL's FAULT!! My back was feeling a little better on the cruise (could have been the fact I was on a cruise!!) so I participated in a few events. First was on the first night when I had to shake balls out of a box strapped to by butt then swing a big ball to hit another into a spot on a long carpet. No real damage done other than tired back muscles... However, on the last sea day, I did the last man standing contest, and came in second. Problem was 10 times I jumped down the stairs from the stage on the Lido to retreive items from others guests, then had to return them to the stage. Being a big guy, I put a lot of pressure on my weakened spine, and no doubt severly damaged my back more than it was before. I felt it over the next few days to be sure.

Anyway, everything is going good now, and I hope to book a recuperation cruise sometime in October or Novemebr!!

In the mean time, it is good to finally be back!! I wish everyone happy cruising, ot well wishes until you do!

Archived