Voltage on Windstar

Traval

Help! We leave on Friday and I have started packing.What I just can't remember (must be getting old) is the electric points on board.Are they American style meaning that as our electrical appliances are UK style,we shall need the appropriate adaptors.

We always make llists of things to take and still have records from previous trips but it just says 'adaptors' when we've looked back.

Our cabin on the Surf had three outlets. One 110 that required no adapter for Americans and two 220 that required an adapter. All three were located on the wall at the desk--very convenient for battery chargers and the hair dryer. We at times had all three going at once charging various camera batteries and cell phones (we each had an adapter with us) and never had a problem with power draw, but I don't think I'd try to use three high draw items at once (hair dryers, flat irons, etc.)

No,perhaps that is not a good idea.I think it is mainly for phone and my hair straighteners.It is strange though that they have two types of outlet on the Surf and all the same on the smaller ships (110).

No,perhaps that is not a good idea.I think it is mainly for phone and my hair straighteners.It is strange though that they have two types of outlet on the Surf and all the same on the smaller ships (110).

I think because the original owner of the Surf was Club Med, the ships were built for both European and American clientele.

Ah,yes,that would make sense.

Hope you will get better weather next year in UK than we have been having this summer.

We have a week in the south of France this September,not sure what we'll do next summer.but NZ calls us again for December 2013 for our Ruby wedding anniversary.

Could be a cruise again the following year.

Archived