Just off Majesty Monday Morning

Will post a review if anyone is interested. Just got back to work and need to get everthing back in order. I will check in at noon Central time and If anyone shows interest I would be glad to review it for you! This review will be a good one. I give the cruise a 9 out of 10 as a whole. More later.

Thanks

AL

Al, we would be interested in a review. We went on Majesty in 1999, and are booked again in Jan for a 3 day Pre Brilliance (Panama) cruise.

I will post your review on our M&M site as well.

Thanks,

Well here is the review

I will rate items on a 1 to 10 scale with a brief description afterwards. No need to get long winded. If you have any questions please feel free to fire away. I will do my best to answar them.

SHIP: 8 One of the older ships. Showing some age but still very well kept.

FOOD: 9 Excellent Only one meal in windjammer was not very hot. All others were

perfect

CLEANLINESS: 10 Alway someone cleaning all the time like I said showing age but well kept

Dining Room Staff: 10 Superb! We had an excellent pair of waiters that took great care of my 3 year old.

CABIN STEWARD: 10 Superb Took good care of all of our needs.

CRUISE STAFF: 6...7 Was not impressed! However in their defence my wife pointed out that we were on a three night cruise and we were in ports 2 of the days. The only real interaction with the CD was when he would introduce the acts in the shows.

EMBARKATION: 10 10 minutes to go through it all 15 mins tops

DEBARKATION: 10 Docked at 6:30 Vessel cleared for debarkation at 7:15 called to leave a 7:25

RCL SHOWS: 10 Rcl singer and dancers are very good with alot of energy.

OTHER ACTS: 5 We had a juggler very entertaining. Then we had a singer/impressionist She was awful She lost half of the crowd before the show was over. There was a constant line of people leaving the lounge.

PORTS OF CALL: 8 Coco Cay was very nice First time there and was pleasantly suprised. However it is pretty much all beach stuff.

Nassua It was Sunday and Mothersday on top of that. ALot of stores were closed. We should of known our fault.

Over all it was a great cruise. The first night out of Miami was a little rough, but the rest was very smooth.

Thats it for now.

Thanks for reading

AL

Glad you are getting your 3 year old cruising.:D

He is 3 and has been on 4 cruises already. He will be going on his 5th in November.

ALready a platinum member if he was able to join. He will get credit for all cruises once he turns 18 He will turn 18 and be a diamond member!

He is 3 and has been on 4 cruises already. He will be going on his 5th in November.

ALready a platinum member if he was able to join. He will get credit for all cruises once he turns 18 He will turn 18 and be a diamond member!

That is real cool !! Boy he has a great set of parent to give him that Diamond status.

I need my trip in Sept. to get that status.:)

Can you give more spefics on the food I know you said it was very good. What did you eat and where? Most importantly how were the desserts!! Anything that was really amazing and should not be missed or anything that was not what you expected and not worth wasting the calories on.

Allison

When you said the ship is showing her age, what exactly did you mean? Is it that the decorating is outdated or that the carpets are stained and the bathrooms have mold? Do ya know what I mean...

Thanks Kelly

We were also just on Majesty this past weekend. They put a lot of people on that ship but it's a high energy crew and service is great. Coco Cay is a great example of a tropical island beach....clear water....hammocks..... beach chairs...... clean sand....nice place.

Some food items that are outstanding: on formal night...the wild mushrooms with puff pastry and the filet (if you like mushrooms, ask your waiter to bring more for your filet)! If you like lamb, it's a good choice although it's the same night as shrimp scampi. Desserts: the warm chocolate cake is one of my DH's favorites, and I love the tiramisu. The lobster bisque is also quite good.

As for showing her age, I agree with Cruisin Couple. There are some signs of age in the cabin showers and on the decks, but the crew is constantly doing maintenance and cleaning. I'm not sure when the ship was last refurbished but it may due soon.

Enjoy!

Desserts: the warm chocolate cake is one of my DH's favorites, and I love the tiramisu. The lobster bisque is also quite good.

Enjoy!

Is the Tiramisu real tiramisu? On carnival is was vanillia pudding and sponge cake with coffee poured on top!!! And while I was impressed with most of the food on Carnival this was a huge dissapointing as I love Tiramsu!!!

Allison

As for the ship showing her age. Some places have bad scratches on the wall, cracked tiles. In our cabin some thing had put a dent in the ceiling panel. The shower around the base had come loose and some screws had been put in to hold it. Its not that the ship is falling apart, but when you have 2000+ people every day walking around touching and just using things they start to look a little worn. Again they seemed to almost always have some one working and cleaning around the ship. It seems to be very well maintained.

We ate up at Windjammer for Breakfeast and Lunch. Dinner in the dinning room was excellent. I had the shrimp scampi the first night, Cajun Pasta called "Tagliatelle" not sure if thats spelled right the second night and Mahi Mahi the third. All were perfect. The deserts were of the regular kind. I had Tiramsu onr night. Apple pie Ala mode another and Cherries Jubilee the other. All very good but nothing to go crazy over. However I do miss that they do not cook the Cherries jubilee in the ding room any more. Someone must of gotten hurt so they do not do it any more. I have seen it on some ships and not on others.

Thats it for now

AL

it's real tiramisu, not pudding.

We were told on another cruise that someone did get hurt on a ship with the flaming cherries jubilee and that's why they don't do any flambe desserts.

Archived