Car Rental Oahu

ikendrick

Is it possible to rent a car at the airport, but return it at the port, or will we have to return the car to the airport and take the bus or taxi back to the port? If this is possible, which companies do this? Thanks for your help!:)

Alamo and National are two companies that offer this, but neither has an office that close to the pier. The pier or Aloha Tower is about midway between the airport and Waikiki, maybe a little closer to Waikiki where these companies have offices. Alamo runs a shuttle between the Waikiki office and Aloha Tower. Easiest way to check is to visit their sites and put in the info for reserving a car, you don't actually have to reserve one, but you can get the info for cost comparison and then actually reserve one. http://www.alamo.com or http://www.nationalcar.com

Just click on the return location, look for Hawaii, Honolulu and the code will be the Ala Moana location. At one time Alamo had a drop off fee, but when I just tried it, there was no mention of one.

Yes...just a few weeks ago, we rented with Alamo at the airport, and returned the car to their office across from the Renaissance Iliki (spelling?) in Waikiki.

The Waikiki office was not real close to the pier, but the Alamo shuttle van provided us free transportation (2 of us with 5 pieces of luggage) to the pier. All went smooth and for the price of a tip to the van driver, well worth it!

From the time you drop off your car, how long did it take to finish the paper work and then the shuttle to take you to the port?

Is there a gas station near there for you to fill up before returning the auto?

Thanks a lot.

Thank you so much for the great information. We have booked with Alamo and confirmed the shuttle to the cruise ship. This will make getting the car back so much easier and keep us from having to pay an additional taxi fee.:)

We bought gas over near diamondhead earlier in the day before dropping off. I'm sorry, but I cannot recall the location.

It only took about 2 minutes to complete the paperwork, then we waited about 10 minutes for the shuttle. I'd suggest calling before drop off to confirm the shuttle times. I believe they run every hour, so it's best to coordinate with them or you may wind up waiting around for a while.

Archived