St John - Trunk Bay is beautiful

glin930

We just came back from Carnival Triumph (4/23 to 4/30) to Eastern Carribean. We ended up taking a Carnival excrusion to St John Trunk Bay. Before this I have been debating should I do it myself (with cab ferry then cab) or just took an excrusion. I ended up taking the excrusion because I found out my 3 year old boy is free so we paid about $130 for 4 of us (2 adults & 2 kids age 7 and 3). The private boat ride was good and they stop at about 1/2 mile from trunk bay and then they use dingle to bring everyone from boat to the beach. Trunk Bay is beautiful. Pure white sand and crystal blue water. This is probably the best looking beaches I have ever been to. The only regret is we only stay for about 1 hr 15 minute. I will highly recommend this place.

Thanks for the post. I have also been considering trunk bay and considering the ship's excursion v doing it on my own, so your post is very timely for me.

I will be on Carnical's Victory in June and my wife and I would like to go to trunk bay and she wants a few hours so she can also shop in downtown (not just near the dock).

Since you say that the excursion provides for only 1.5 hours at trunk bay, i assume that this means that there will be several hours left for shopping. Is that correct?

How much did the adult tickets cost? It looks like (from your post) that the cost is $130 divided by 3 = $43.33 per person. Is that correct?

On our Carnival Triumph cruise we have two excursions to Trunk Bay: one is with a private boat bring you to St John. There is an early morning tour (@9am) and an afternoon tour (@1pm). We took the morning tour. The boat leaves at the end of the pier after you get off the ship. It is a nice ride with a tour guide gives you some information on St Thomas, ... etc. Also you get free rum punch for beverage (the ad says one complimentary drink) but we end up getting more than one drinks. It costs about $52 or $53 per adult. We have 2 adults and 2 boys age 7 & 3. The 3 yr old is free and the 7 yr old must be with a lower price etc that end up $132. We all get back to port at around 12:45pm. Me and my 2 boys then went to take the paradise point trains and my wife took a cab to downtown St Thomas for shopping.

The other excursion to St John is only at the afternoon and I think the price is about forty something per adult. Since this is the afternoon tour therefore we skipped that.

Once again Trunk Bay is beautiful and I wish I can stay there longer.

i just came back 4/23- 4/30 cruise and we did an excursion and our friends did there own way ( got a taxi, went on ferry) and they were able to stay a lot longer in Trunk Bay or just on St. John and we only had an hour or so and we paid $50 a person and they paid $36 a person. It's well worth the money either way you go. St.John was so beautiful I am glad we went and would go again to spend more time.

Archived