Horizon Court & Crown Grill on Golden Reviews

cruisinmom1

Food is indeed a subjective topic to be commenting upon. My wife and I were on the Golden a year ago this week and we were very impressed with the menus and the food in the MDR. We also visited Sabatini's, under the old multi-course format and were blown away by the quality and freshness of the food. We didn't visit the Crown Grill on that voyage.

We were on the Ruby in April and had similar feelings about the food. We visited both the Crown Grill and Sabatini's and were suitably impressed. We booked a suite and had breakfast every morning in Sabatini's and that was absolutely wonderful.

On both voyages we were able to completely avoid eating in the HC. We stopped in a number of times to see what was available, and the presentation was very good, but it wasn't impressive enough for us to not eat in one do the dining rooms or even grab a burger or pizza at the pool.

That's interesting about the no food in ports rule because I did see several passengers packing those wrapped sandwiches in their tote bags on port days. When we got off the ship none of the Princess security officers ever asked if anyone had food with them. When I asked why I couldn't take my mocha with me into Juneau they just said that they couldn't risk any spills on the gangway.
The only port where they made it very clear that no food could be taken off the ship was back in Seattle. They announced it on the loudspeaker and reminded you at the gangway.

Saran wrapped sandwiches are dumb. The bread turns moist to wet.:rolleyes:

Would it kill Princess to have a deli station like HAL's? Even Carnival has one.

They could easily make space for one in Cafe Carib.

Archived