La Romana weather

Sandybeach64

I have been watching the weather in La Romana for the last few weeks and it seems like the chance for rain is always high. So my question is if it is raining does Carnival cancel the excursions or is it because it's so hot and humid that there is alway a chance of a shower and then it clears? I would hate for our excursion to be cancelled (going to Saona Island) and miss a great time. Thanks for you help!

You can not rely on any weather forecasts! They are so often completely wrong. Also the weather in La Romana town, Bayahibe and Saona Island at any one time can be completely different. It can be raining in La Romana town and completely dry 20 minutes away in Bayahibe.

Showers don't last long in general. It can be overcast with drizzle at 7am and by 10am blue skies and full sunshine!

Btw over the last few weeks we've had very little rain.

Don't worry, they will not cancel your trip to Saona unless the sea conditions are dangerous ie. passing hurricane or large storm.

Archived