Discount Combo Question

We are diamond level on RCCL. We would like to book using our balcony discount. We are very close to having enough VISA points for a free 7 night cruise for one. Can we go ahead and book using the balcony discount and then turn in our VISA points for the amount of the free outside cabin value? Thanks for your help.

I also just did this, albeit with a 3 day cruise and 50K points. I was able to use the balcony discount in combination with a credit for the least expensive available OV stateroom.

Just a note on what worked well for me. I called Royal Redemption at 1-888-305-4626 to find out what my credit would be. This is because the last time I did this, I got significantly less credit than I expected. Apparently, they were able to see a much less expensive available OV than I could see on the website.

I called Royal Redemption and since my booking was held by a travel agent, they would not talk to me about pricing at all. However, they said my TA could call them, and get a pricing quote for the credit put into my record. This way I'd know exactly what the credit would be, before I committed to redeem the points. When my TA got back to me with the credit, I decided to go ahead and redeem the points. I used the Visa website to request the redemption, and about 3 days later it was a done deal.

Archived