ROOM SERVICE on CELEBRITY...any good?

scorben

I am taking my first Celebrity Millenium cruise to med this summer. I love room service. Is it any good on this ship? What is the menu like? Is it 24 hours?

Can you get breakfast room service every morning?

Any answers would be appreciated!

~Susan:rolleyes:

We were recently on the Constellation and had room service every morning on our verandah. It was wonderful! We filled out a form the night before and left it on the doorknob with the time we wanted it delivered. They called the room a few minutes before bringing it and it was always on time. CC class has an expanded menu and we always found things off of it that we liked but I heard that even if it's not on the menu, they will try hard to accommodate you. We had lunch one time also and it was just as good. We ordered it last minute when we found we wouldn't have time for lunch anywhere because of an excursion we were taking and it came it about 20 minutes.

The breakfast menu had everything you could imagine on it, from eggs, to cereal, yogurt parfaits, fruit, meats, etc.

I'm sure you'll love it! I wouldn't go any other way for breakfast now - we're hooked!

They also will bring anything that is on the evening dining room menu to the cabin during the dining room hours. We found this out when one of our daughters was feeling seasick and went back to the cabin. Our waiter told us this. I don't remember seeing this written down anywhere.

Before and after dinner you can get sandwiches and pizza and the like. Our teenagers have used that for a late night snack.

Our experience with breakfast was that the food comes exactly on time and is still hot. Great for those early excursion days for us. We usualy like breakfast on the fantail (since we haven't ever had a verandah).

Overall I would say the room service is very good and comparible to a nice hotel such as a Hyatt. Except for the lunch buffet toward the end of the cruise I would rate all of the Celebrity food excellent! Try the sushi.

Archived