Adventure Car Rental ???

wwbill4

We rented with them last May on our stop in Homer and were totally satisfied. It was a last minute booking - I called them during our port stop in Anchorage the day before.

I asked if they would pick us up from the dock and they said they were bringing cars down to the Strip in anticipation of the Amsterdam's arrival. I made a reservation and the next day we disembarked and walked right to the parking area at the end of the dock where the cars were waiting. We did some quick paperwork and were told to return the car to the same area and to leave the keys in the glove box. Seemed a little casual to us, but I guess they're a lot more laid back in Homer. :)

Anyway, while the car wasn't brand new, it was clean and ran well. We loved not having to depend on the shuttle buses for transportation and had a very enjoyable day. Later that afternoon we returned the car to the parking area and boarded the ship. It was all very convenient and I would rent with them again.

Thanks for the info part of what we want to do is go to the Howling Husky Homestead. You need a vehicle to get their as there is no excursions stopping there.

Thanks again,

Bill

We rented with them last May on our stop in Homer and were totally satisfied. It was a last minute booking - I called them during our port stop in Anchorage the day before.

I asked if they would pick us up from the dock and they said they were bringing cars down to the Strip in anticipation of the Amsterdam's arrival. I made a reservation and the next day we disembarked and walked right to the parking area at the end of the dock where the cars were waiting. We did some quick paperwork and were told to return the car to the same area and to leave the keys in the glove box. Seemed a little casual to us, but I guess they're a lot more laid back in Homer. :)

Anyway, while the car wasn't brand new, it was clean and ran well. We loved not having to depend on the shuttle buses for transportation and had a very enjoyable day. Later that afternoon we returned the car to the parking area and boarded the ship. It was all very convenient and I would rent with them again.

Bill - we did just this last August - rented a car to drive out to Howling Husky Homestead and had a terrific tour with Dr. Linda Chamberlain. Just the three of us, so very personalized. We got to actually harness a dog, which was so much fun! Check out all the dogs in her kennel and see if you can pick out those that came from Seavey's, Buser's or Mackey's kennels! Her husband was making honey while we were there, so we got to experience that as well. You will love it! Afterwards, we stopped for the best homemade pizza ever at Fritz Creek General Store (and post office:D!) on Linda's recommendation. Please tell Linda that Allie, Bill and Lynda send our regards.

Our car rental was the perfect answer for our port time in Homer on the Amsterdam. We actually spent two hours in the AM walking the Spit, and then they drove the rental car over to pick us up at the fisherman's memorial, we went back to the airport (which is right in town) to fill out paperwork and then were off. Had plenty of time to stop at the Homery Brewery on the way out to Howling Huskies, and to view the eagles nest in town by the traffic signal. We returned the rental car to the airport, and they immediately drove us right back to the ship in time for sailaway. All in all, a great day in Homer.

Bill - we did just this last August - rented a car to drive out to Howling Husky Homestead and had a terrific tour with Dr. Linda Chamberlain. Just the three of us, so very personalized. We got to actually harness a dog, which was so much fun! Check out all the dogs in her kennel and see if you can pick out those that came from Seavey's, Buser's or Mackey's kennels! Her husband was making honey while we were there, so we got to experience that as well. You will love it! Afterwards, we stopped for the best homemade pizza ever at Fritz Creek General Store (and post office:D!) on Linda's recommendation. Please tell Linda that Allie, Bill and Lynda send our regards.

Our car rental was the perfect answer for our port time in Homer on the Amsterdam. We actually spent two hours in the AM walking the Spit, and then they drove the rental car over to pick us up at the fisherman's memorial, we went back to the airport (which is right in town) to fill out paperwork and then were off. Had plenty of time to stop at the Homery Brewery on the way out to Howling Huskies, and to view the eagles nest in town by the traffic signal. We returned the rental car to the airport, and they immediately drove us right back to the ship in time for sailaway. All in all, a great day in Homer.

We check with Linda for August 18th at the Howling Husky Homestead. That day they are closed. So we probably will not do the car rental. Just go to town and the spit. This is the only port we are not scheduling a tour as of now.

Bill

Oh, that is a shame that they are closed that day:(. BUT Homer is just beautiful! Even if you walk the Spit, maybe rent bikes or go on an Island and Oceans Center scheduled hike, visit the Pratt Museum, or hang out at the fishing hole or the marina to watch the fishing boats come and go, you will have a wonderful time. The scenery there is just spectacular!

We check with Linda for August 18th at the Howling Husky Homestead. That day they are closed. So we probably will not do the car rental. Just go to town and the spit. This is the only port we are not scheduling a tour as of now.

Bill

Homer is a gem. :) I would suggest you may want to consider activities, there is so much to see and do, and when will you return? :) I've been and stayed there several times. the "spit" is an hour walk up and back, fill in time only for me.

Archived