Carnival Breeze

pidgeyface

Hi, I am enquiring if any brits have been on the Carnival Breeze as I am looking for an honest opinion. Alot of the reviews seem to be American and I would like some british feedback if anyone can help? thank you

I am on the next sailing of the Carnival Breeze on Thursday so when I get back I will let you know. :)

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Pidgeyface,

Just got back off of the Carnival Breeze, the reason that all you can find about the CB is from Americans is in the whole because the whole boat is geared up around them.

The boat is very nice, there is lots to do, they are very proactive towards kids (we had 1000 of the little blighters), foods allright, cabins were very nice (we had a balcony cabin), but watch out for the million and one scams to get money out of you.

Oh buy the way, if you like the American way, then you will probably love this boat, for me they would need to change a few things before I went back to them but nevertheless I was glad I tried it.:confused:

Came back off the Breeze yesterday. We had a great holiday and the ship is nice but not sure if I will go with Carnival again as I think the other cruise lines (Royal Caribbean and P&O) are just better in terms of the quality of the cruise.

Even though the boat is geared for Americans we found on our sailing that the majority of passengers were British, Canadians and Russian. Maybe this will change outside of the school holidays.

We went with our 4 year old and the Camp Carnival facilities are excellent she had a fantastic time which in turn helped our holiday to go great.

Food - The restaurant food is nice but the service at times can be very poor (long time sitting with a dirty plate in front of you). We went anytime dining and had 4 evenings in the restaurant and 3 out of the 4 times this happened, I hope it is down to the staff still finding their feet.

My biggest gripe with food is the quality of the buffet (which with a 4 year old we used quite a lot) the choice is very poor only a choice of a couple of dishes, loads of sushi or salad. The best food on the Lido deck wasn't open in the evening (Burrito Bar, Burger Joint, Mongolian Wok). I think if they opened these the buffet would be great!

I liked that our cabins were ready as soon as we boarded at about midday but the downside of this is they start disembarkation at 4:30am with the first announcements before 5:30am - this made for a really really long day as our flight wasn't until 2:30pm but we had been put out for disembarkation at 4:30 - 6:00. Luckily as we were on deck 1 we did self disembarkation which meant we could get off at 8:30am.

Post any specific questions you have and I will see if I can answer

I am on the next sailing of the Carnival Breeze on Thursday so when I get back I will let you know. :)

Can you advise if people dress up for the elegant nights. Do men wear suits/tux. Your advice will be appreciated

Hi we went on the Breeze on the 9th of July and had a fantastic holiday. It was our second time with Carnival, we have not cruised with anyone else yet, but we have got the cruise bug and will be going on a 6 night cruise with MSC in Oct. The holiday was everything we hoped for and more.

Highlight was sitting on the top deck in the hot tub in the aft pool area surveying the fantastic view of Venice with my daughters.

We had the deluxe ocean view cabin which had two bathrooms. A definite plus with two teenage daughters in the room with us.

We got a bit lost around the ship as everywhere looks the same and for some reason it was quite disorientating.

Food good 8/10. Entertainment in main theatre a bit disappointing but comedy club excellent. Drinks very expensive - we sneaked rum on-board. this saved a lot of money. we paid for the soda pass for both daughters and would get them to get us drinks too. Excursions expensive only did a couple with them and used external companies for the Italian Trio which was excellent.

My 18 year old struggled with feeling like a child as she was not allowed to drink alcohol or even sit at the Piano bar and drink a Diet Coke.

It is difficult to know how to compare but as Brits we enjoyed it but we do like America and accept the cultural differences and dont really notice particularly what defines it as different from our culture.

We did connect up with others from our role call which was really great as it broke the ice and meant we had people to say hello to around the ship and made some good British friends that we may keep in touch with. Please feel free to ask me any questions. I am sure you will have a great time. We would go again any day!

Can you advise if people dress up for the elegant nights. Do men wear suits/tux. Your advice will be appreciated

No-one seemed too formal. Lounge suits or suit trousers and shirt and tie for the men and the ladies mostly wore elegant dresses but not over the top, womens attire went across the whole range though and whatever they wore no one seemed out of place. If you dont want to dress up too much you can go to the Buffet to eat. a lot of the kids were very informal and some only dressed up for dinner and then went and got changed.

No-one seemed too formal. Lounge suits or suit trousers and shirt and tie for the men and the ladies mostly wore elegant dresses but not over the top, womens attire went across the whole range though and whatever they wore no one seemed out of place. If you dont want to dress up too much you can go to the Buffet to eat. a lot of the kids were very informal and some only dressed up for dinner and then went and got changed.

I agree there were a few people in tux most in suits or just shirt and tie. We didn't do full formal dress due to not having enough luggage allowance but didn't feel out of place in shorthand trousers

Did not see many tuxes at all and I'd say only about 50% of the men wore suits. Very informal ship.

This was my first time with Carnival and if I'm being truthful I was not all that enamoured with it compared to other cruise lines I have sailed with (RCI, Princess & Cunard). Yes it was a lovely ship but as somebody else has already commented the meal choice was limited and the food almost always luke warm at best.

The itinerary is fantastic which is what I booked for but don't think I will travel with Carnival again.

Please ask if you need to know more and I will try and answer.

Archived