"Off the Beaten Path" @ Princess Cays-your experience?

heavenlysea

I'm considering Princess's "Off the Beaten Path" snorkeling for those experienced. I'm quite comfortable with snorkeling and have done so from daysails in St. Thomas and St. Martin. If you have taken this particular excursion, please advise me what your experience was.

Here's the description from Princess to jog your memory:

Board your custom-built, spacious 42-foot snorkel boat at the Princess Cays marina. Upon boarding you will receive a safety briefing about the boat. Following a pleasant cruise along the southern coast of Eleuthera to the snorkel site, enjoy approximately one hour in the crystal-clear waters to explore the shallow reef and its colorful inhabitants. Observe the old and new strands of coral, gorgonians (soft coral-like sea fans), sponges, mature and juvenile fish life and, if you are lucky, an occasional turtle or ray. Snorkeling equipment including snorkel vest is included. The boat has two freshwater showers to rinse away the salt.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We did a snorkel trip with Princess at the cay several years ago. Perhaps it has changed since then. The water was beautiful, so clear. The problem was , it was short for the money. So disappointed that it was the last excursion we ever booked through a cruise ship. All independent or on our own on the last 5 cruises. Like I said , may be better now. Just thought our money could be better spent.

• 2 weeks later...

I googled Princess Cay and found it is on the tip of Eleuthera. Rather than sitting at the beach or taking a Princess excursion, I looked at as many options as I could find. We are going fishing for bonefish. After several emails we are meeting our guide just outside the gate. He seems to have the trip planned well, and we are excited.

Do your research.

Archived