Disney Wonder - Sept 30, Pacific Coast - questions

Bostonluvs2cruise

This is our first ,DH and I, Disney Cruise, and without kids. I have a few questions.

1 - does the fitness center offer spinning classes and what is the cost? We have enjoyed them on Celebrity.

2 - is there a Sushi bar offered in the early evening prior to dinner?

3 - are all the movie offerings geared to children, or are there any other offerings?

4 - things to do in Ensenada - does anyone have recommendations? We will do our own thing in San Fran and San Diego as we have been to both cities several times - our daughter went to the University of San Diego so we have several favorite spots we need to revisit.

5 - are any of you cruising on this date. Only 3 people have posted to the role call - I am getting worried that it will be a quiet group.

Thanks

1 - does the fitness center offer spinning classes and what is the cost? We have enjoyed them on Celebrity.

3 - are all the movie offerings geared to children, or are there any other offerings?

4 - things to do in Ensenada - does anyone have recommendations? We will do our own thing in San Fran and San Diego as we have been to both cities several times - our daughter went to the University of San Diego so we have several favorite spots we need to revisit.

1- I'm pretty sure the fitness center does offer spinning classes for a charge, but I haven't tried them (fairly certain I'm too short) so I couldn't tell you exactly what it is.

2- No sushi bar at that time. Occasionally sushi appears on the lunch buffets (in Parrot Cay and I'm fairly certain upstairs at Beach Blanket Buffet as well). I love sushi, but I don't bother with the lunch buffet offerings as the rice tastes like it's been sitting in the refrigerator for too long.

3- In the Buena Vista theatre, you'll have the most recent releases from all divisions of the Walt Disney Company's holdings. That means in addition to the animated Disney and Pixar movies, you'll also have live action Disney films (as Schmoo mentions, the upcoming Odd Life of Timothy Green), Disney's Marvel holdings (currently The Avengers), and Touchstone Pictures (currently, I think The Help is still being shown on the ships as well as War Horse and People Like Us; and even the ones rated R -- last September I got to watch Fright Night-3D). That being said, your cruise is one of the special Pixar-themed cruises so I'm not sure if they'll bump some of those recent movies from the schedule to show more of the older Pixar releases in the theatre. In the Walt Disney theatre, there's usually the most recent movie release shown as the main show on pirate night to give the entertainment crew a bit of a break since they have to work the pirate deck party.

4- Ensenada was one of the port stops on the Hawaii cruise. I took the Mexico culinary excursion and while the cooking portion of the restaurant was a lot of fun, I thought we had too long of a post-cooking shopping break and I got tired of walking up and down the same shopping strip, although the far end of the strip had more upscale shopping, the end that was by the restaurant wasn't too my liking and I felt uncomfortable with all of the "hey pretty lady, come in here and buy a beer and get a free Mexican boyfriend" comments.

This is our first ,DH and I, Disney Cruise, and without kids. I have a few questions.

5 - are any of you cruising on this date. Only 3 people have posted to the role call - I am getting worried that it will be a quiet group.

Thanks

Spin classes are offered and there is no charge. Be sure to check the schedule at the fitness center as they will tell you the Navigator is often wrong on the times. They will have a schedule during the "open house" on embarkation.

I have only been to Ensenada a couple of times. There is horseback riding, bus tours and a shopping area. The only "attraction" if ou can even call it that is bufadora, which is something they call a geyser but really is not. Fun to check out but don't expect to be amazed.

We have been to Ensenada twice, we did the wine tours, the country sidel is so pretty. The wild vineyards were interesting to see. We sampled many varieties of wine and othrt specialities produced. Usually bread,cheeses, and olives were served, we even had pizza at one winery. Nice excursion!

Archived