Anyone see Top Chef contestants on the Millenium

handsome_jay

Eater.com claims they shot an episode of "Top Chef" on the Millenium. It's well known that they're filiming in the Seattle area right now. So, this isn't so far fetched. Any juicy tidbits to share?

http://eater.com/archives/2012/08/06/top-chef-shoot-on-a-celebrity-cruise-ship.php

More rumormongering: Top Chef contestants and crew apparently took a cruise ship to Alaska and filmed an episode on the way there. An anonymous commenter drops in and writes: "I was on the Celebrity Millennium that started in Vancouver on July 27 and ported in Seward, Alaska on August 3. I was part of the 'audience' who tasted the courses presented by the 5 chefs still standing at that time. All hosts, crew, and celebrity judges left the ship while we were in port in Juneau on July 31."

The Celebrity Millennium is one of Celebrity Cruise's flagship cruise ships that does runs in Alaska at this time of year. (Fun fact: Apparently the Millennium has a restaurant with wooden panels and lighting that were originally from the RMS Olympic, a sister ship to the Titanic).

This syncs up with KTOO's report from last week that "the production company brought about 150 people into town and unloaded a bunch of stuff from one of the cruise ships..." More evidence? Corbin Kuceyeski tweeted on July 29th: "So jealous my parents are going to be on Top Chef while they were filming on their Alaskan cruise!!!!!" So the Top Chef timeline follows like so: Seattle > Vancouver > cruise ship > Alaska for the finale. Must find a way to make "full Gail" a catchphrase.

We cruise on Millenium the week before and I had heard about the filming on cc before I left, so I asked about it when we dined in Qsine.

I was told they were filming the whole season that following week (last week) in Qsine and they asked how I knew about it, so yes it's true. It's amazing what we learn here on cc!

I was also told a lot of the unique dishware, etc. they use in Qsine would soon be available for sale, so I'm sure their marketing dept. is working overtime to tie the Top Chef and Qsine paring to make some $$. It will be interesting to see!

On July 12th we were in Infinity in Victoria BC and I'm talking to the waiter. My son tries to interrupt and tell him "Wait a minute. I'm talking". He said "Mom I just saw Anthony Bourdain". My son is 11 and I guess I subject him to way to much Food Network and Bravo! Anyway, I missed seeing him. Guess next time my son tries to interrupt- I'll listen.

So I think there must be something going on if Anthony Bourdain was on the Infinity.

Archived