Best multi age children programs?

sstraveler

Other than Disney which ships do you think have the best children's program for a range of ages from young ones to pre-teen and teen?

Any specific examples of "great" children activities?

Look for creative things and variety to keep the children happy, amused, safe, etc.

Any of the cruises offer stuff for the children on shore too or is it only at sea?

Thanks!

We've been on 30+ cruises all major cruiselines - only one without children. There were very few ships that didn't meet our expectations. Most are fabulous. There are different ships I like for different age groups for different reasons.

I think NCL Epic probably has the nicest kids club area. Really large spaces with massive windows.

Most of the private islands have a "kids" area on shore.

We were on the Carnival Valor last fall and I couldn't believe all of the fun animal lessons - each accompanied by a free stuffed animal(sea turtle, eagle). They also colored pillow cases and t-shirts and LOTS of crafts.

Norwegian is fun - the counselors give themselves silly names in stead of using there real names. My daughter's favorites were jelly bean and apple sauce(both very nice young ladies).

I would say the EPIC(loved the waterslides as much as the kids), Oasis, Allure, Carnival Dream and the new Carnival Breeze have the biggest variety of activities for all ages. Also, some of the larger RCCL ships have nice splash zones for little ones.

I can truly say our girls have begged to go to kid's club on every ship we've been on.

I agree with the two posters above. We've been on 5 different cruise lines (see my signature) and the ds7 and dd13 have had a good time on each. For ds16, if it's not Royal Caribbean, he just stays in the room and comes out for meals and shore excursions. LOL. Royal has the only video game room worth its salt.

Archived