Red Beach Question

themutis

So my poor DH tore his ACL and meniscus (lacrosse :eek:) and we are delaying surgery till after our trip in early Sept. He can walk fine but am thinking that hiking might not be the best thing.

For any one who has gone to Red Beach, is the hike down and back up difficult... or would it be better if we headed to a different beach for the afternoon when in Santorini.

I am sorry for him. My Husband just had surgery for his torn miniscus and was walking better than before after 3 days..hopefully your husband will too.

Red Beach...you walk UP a pathway that is slippery..its dry but the stones are crumbly. then you walk across a little flatter area then down the sliding stones again. If you just want to see it..take it very slowly going up, stop and look and then come back down the same way. The red beach is very near the newly re-opened Arkotiri archeaological site..fine with a torn miniscus..pretty flat walking.

Santorini is not the best beach Island. Beaches on other islands are MUCH better. Santorini is an excellent stopping off point to go to Oia and see that beautiful area. or ask a driver to take you to one of the black sand beaches that are flatter.

Good luck and enjoy!

Sherry

Archived