NCL to St. Thomas- how far to Charlotte Amalie

FuninWB

We are going to St. Thomas in November on NCL and wonder if we should take a tour to St. John's or stay near the ship to shop. Does anyone know where the Gem docks and how far it is to Charlotte Amalie? Any opinions/info will help us.

there are two cruise pier areas in St Thomas. One is to the east of CA and is about a 1 mile walk if you decide to hoof it, this is Long Bay (aka West Indies Dock) & is the main pier area and most of the major shops in CA have satellite locations right here. This is probably where you will be parked.

The other peir area - in my experience the 'overflow' area - is west of CA about 1.6 miles. This is sometimes called 'sub base' and where I was always parked. To get to CA from here, you must pass thru an industrial area and some lesser neighborhoods so I would not recommend walking it (altho I did routinely ride my bike)

There's plenty of shopping in CA and Coki beach is nice - no need to go to St Johns if you've never been b4......

Use Google Earth and check it out.....

On RARE occasions ships must anchor out and use tenders ..... VERY UNUSUAL tho. Usually due to the draft of the vessel or an unusually high number of ships visiting on a given day.

Archived