water temp

ConnieInNewJersey

Well, I suppose it depends what temperature you like to swim in , but I certainly wouldn't consider it too cold. The water has had all summer to warm up and average water temperature (I think they measure it at the surface) should be over 70 degrees F.

Is October too cold to swim in the Greek Islands?

Most likely, YES. On our late June cruise we did beach breaks in Rhodes and Mykonos. The water was very cold in both locations even though it was near 100F in Rhodes and 90F in Mykonos. It was interesting watching everyone try and get in the water as it was surprisingly so cold. If you just jump in, then you can get used to the cold fairly quickly.

Most likely, YES. On our late June cruise we did beach breaks in Rhodes and Mykonos. The water was very cold in both locations even though it was near 100F in Rhodes and 90F in Mykonos. It was interesting watching everyone try and get in the water as it was surprisingly so cold. If you just jump in, then you can get used to the cold fairly quickly.

The OP was asking about October, over 3 months later than June! As I said in my earlier reply, by October the sea has had all summer to warm up. Also, the air temperatures will be lower so the contrast between the air and sea temperatures will be less A large contrast always makes the sea feel colder, irrespective of the actual temperature.

Archived