Carnival Ecstasy Review - short but feel free to ask!

alsys

Hi all

Just got back from my wedding/honeymoon trip. The Ecstasy is an older/smaller boat but it more than makes up for that in the service! The wedding people were amazing and the staff on board the boat were beyond amazing.

We had an amazing wedding with very few hiccups (mainly the hair/makeup lady had me in her schedule for Saturday... my invoice and wedding were on Thursday...). But other than that really, it was beyond perfect. I cried, he cried and I think half my wedding party and guests cried, especially when my husband and my daughter did their vows to each other!

I would so reccommend both this ship and a cruise wedding to anyone I know. In fact, two of my friends are now talking about doing this now.

I'll be getting married on the Ecstasy in September. I can't wait! A few questions for ya..

Did you get married while in Port Canaveral or at a port?

How were their hair and make up ladies?

Did you do a reception? If so, which one and how did it go?

Any pictures at all? Trying to get a feel for it.

....I'm sleepy but I'm sure I'll think of more :) lol

CONGRATS!!

• 2 weeks later...

We got married on Carnival ecstasy while in Port Canaveral. We did it the day we left, which I would highly recommend. We did not miss out on any aspect of the cruise this way, and we were HIGHLY treated like royalty the entire cruise. It was wonderful :)

I used Tiffany from Professional Elegance for my hair. I did my own makeup, but she also does make up and the pictures look great. She was so professional. She came right to the hotel and did it there for me before we left. She was great!

We got married in the library, and I thought it would look pretty cheesy, but actually the pictures all turned out great!

And speaking of pictures, our photographer was awesome as well!

Let me know if you would like pictures of specific things, and I can send them.

The reception was wonderful too. The food was great, and the drinks just kept coming! THey had drinks of every color already made when we got there, and they brought them two at a time!

Also, the photographer was very respectful and did not take up any of our reception time for pictures, which I really appreciated.

I LOVED our wedding on the Ecstasy. I would highly recommend a wedding cruise to anyone!

Congrats! That's awesome. How old is your daughter? I have two daughters from a previous marriage and one with my FH...we were trying to think of how we could personalize it and include them in the ceremony. I had thought about doing a ring/necklace exchange where he presented them with a token, but hadn't thought of vows. Mine will be 10 and 7 at the time of the wedding, the baby will be almost 2 - so doubt she'll be repeating vows! Any ideas you had when planning yours would be greatly appreciated!!

Archived