Help! Important Advice Needed!

I've got a weeee problem. My maid of honor just informed me she might be moving back to her home state (Michigan). She wont know for sure if she will be moving back until thanksgiving of this year. Now we are from Nevada and getting married on embankment day in Long Beach, CA. Now my problem is idk if she will be willing to still go to the wedding and be here in Nevada for all the important details of the wedding. How would I go about asking if she is still playing on coming or if we are just going to not keep in touch and I need to start looking for another maid of honor. My wedding is a year & 4 months away? What should I do?

Help me please!

I've got a weeee problem. My maid of honor just informed me she might be moving back to her home state (Michigan). She wont know for sure if she will be moving back until thanksgiving of this year. Now we are from Nevada and getting married on embankment day in Long Beach, CA. Now my problem is idk if she will be willing to still go to the wedding and be here in Nevada for all the important details of the wedding. How would I go about asking if she is still playing on coming or if we are just going to not keep in touch and I need to start looking for another maid of honor. My wedding is a year & 4 months away? What should I do?

Help me please!

First off, she MIGHT be moving back to her home state? So it's not a definite thing? Either way, the best way to address this is to just ask her. Tell you that you asked her for a reason (because you love her and want her there) and ask if she'll still be able to go. Just be understanding when you ask, not confrontational. Ultimately, you want her to be there. If she can't go (for financial reasons or others), then that's okay. You still have plenty of time to plan an alternative. Also, if she's able to do the cruise but not other things..such as showers, etc. then that's okay to. The distance may make it difficult, but it's doable. Communication is key. Let her know what you need from her and always be honest :)

First off, she MIGHT be moving back to her home state? So it's not a definite thing? Either way, the best way to address this is to just ask her. Tell you that you asked her for a reason (because you love her and want her there) and ask if she'll still be able to go. Just be understanding when you ask, not confrontational. Ultimately, you want her to be there. If she can't go (for financial reasons or others), then that's okay. You still have plenty of time to plan an alternative. Also, if she's able to do the cruise but not other things..such as showers, etc. then that's okay to. The distance may make it difficult, but it's doable. Communication is key. Let her know what you need from her and always be honest :)

I agree!

Thank you, that helps me a lot. And for the MIGHT part, she told me its a 90% yes. That's why it got me so worried. I mean her whole life is pretty much there. She was born and raised there and her parents are moving back in January. So I think that has a great deal of a push as to why she wants to move back. But thank you, I'll just have to be honest with her and hope for the best. Thank you again! :)

Archived