Solstice cabin 8258

Stigliano

Completely new to cruising and after doing my research have booked cabin 8258 on solstice as I wanted the biggest balcony available on starboard side. I also want the bed near the balcony but don't know if this is the case in 8258. Does anyone know for sure and is it a good cabin to have booked?

I think 8283 and 7292 are still available. Does anyone have info on them and should I try to swap?

Here's the lowdown as far as I know from Equinox's pattern...

8258 - bed by bath; slightly smaller verandah than others on hump, forward view blocked by cabins; starboard so no smoke issue.

8283 - bed by bath because the upper birth in 8279 would have bed by bath and they alternate every other one; will have a larger balcony but not largest i dont think, or is it 1st and 3rd on every hump has the largest with 2 and 4 on the hump next largest. This one will be above the port 5 smoking area. I was in a similar spot on Equinox and could smell smoke on my verandah at times (8279), but not too bad. Forward view blocked by cabins.

7292 - bed by bath; prob slightly smaller verandah. Forward view blocked by the cabins. Starboard so no smoke issue.

I'd prob go with 8283 - if smoke doesn't bother you. It's right near the elevator banks (but very quiet).

We had 8256 on Eclipse and our bed was near balcony, and had one of the largest balconies, so 8258 should have bed by bath. The largest balconies are the first and third off the hump. 8283 should have the large balcony on the port side.

Rooms 1st and 3rd have the largest balcony I was in 7288 previously and have booked 7290 this time around Any of these rooms have large balconies probably twice as big with the others are about 3 times bigger

Thanks for replies. Looks like 8258 has bed by bath which isn't what I wanted as this seems to limit space near the wardrobes and lying in bed looking out at the sea also feels appealing. However if the alternative is over a smoking area on the port side this would be a no no for me too.

How easy is it to swap cabins once booked and how can I find out what cabins are still available?

Archived