Need help finding something for MIL who has hard time with mobility

boomonster

We were trying to find something to do in Ocho Rios for everyone to do. MIL has mobility issues . She has a scooter but can walk short distances but also has trouble with stairs. She would like to see Dunns Falls .From what I am reading is she can look down from the top of the falls? I've read there are platforms she could walk down so I am assuming there are some steps. We do not want to climb the falls but would be willing to stop by them to see it. We were looking into doing the Prospect Plantation, Jitney and Dunn's Falls . Has anyone done this? Could a person with limited mobility be able to get on the jitney ? Is there alot of walking? MIL has had knee surgery and is somewhat overweight so balance is an issue. Any help would be great. Thanks

We had our mom with us when we went to Jamaica. Endurance is more of a problem for her, but I can tell you that it is definitely not an accessible country!

We went to the falls (didn't climb them) and walked along the walk way. Stopped frequently for her to rest. Not a problem at all as there were benches for her to rest on.

We went to the botanical gardens and walked around there for a bit. Went to a jerk shack for lunch, and did a bit of shopping. I would encourage you to get in touch with one of the tour guides mentioned here on these boards frequently and see if they can give you a tour customized with your MIL's limitations in mind.

We used Marva Shaw and had a great day. She was very accommodating to my mom's needs and made sure that she had a good day. Hope you can find some fun things to do!

Archived