Legends of the Seas Reviews: Anyone here been on lately?

We are considering the Singapore to Rome cruise. I've been reading reviews and a number are not what I'd call positive. Two years ago when we were considering the HAL Rotterdam, I found the same thing. I posted on the HAL board and found many who'd loved it. I'm hoping some on here have had experience with Legends and can say it's okay.

We did go ahead with the Rotterdam and found the ship completely satisfactory in spite of a number of negative reviews.

Hi,

I hope it is not too late and you dared to book your cruise!!

We sailed on Legend in February for 7 nights, departing Singapore and loved our cruise, even thoughwe sailed in an interior room on deck 6.

The crew was very friendly and we loved the ship, that we already knew from a mediterrean cruise back in 2008.

Our sailing was what they call an immersion cruise as primarly dedicated to the asian market so there had been adjustments done to this market (for ex. asian crew, asian music and more asian food)

We loved it as we were not traveling to Asia to meet people from our country and eat hamburgers.... some may have hated it.

English was still the main language on board and we had a lot of fun with the cruise staff at the activity.

But this probably don't apply to your repositionning sailing that probably drives customers from all over the world.

If you can't live without specialty restaurants, ice rink, promenade, inline skating,... then this ship is not for you.

If you don't need all this stuff but enjoy a beautiful ship with lots of huge windows to look at the sea from every area, then go for it, I am sure you wil have a blast.

Also there were lots of acitivty scheduled during the sea days so you don't get bored.

And personnaly, I very much prefer the Vision class as it is easier to meet people.

Feel free to ask any question you may have!

Toonye

We are considering the Singapore to Rome cruise. I've been reading reviews and a number are not what I'd call positive. Two years ago when we were considering the HAL Rotterdam, I found the same thing. I posted on the HAL board and found many who'd loved it. I'm hoping some on here have had experience with Legends and can say it's okay.

We did go ahead with the Rotterdam and found the ship completely satisfactory in spite of a number of negative reviews.

We did this repositioning cruise on Legend in 2009, and loved it

Yes, Legend is smaller than many ships in RCCL's fleet, so she doesn't have some of the extras that the big ships have, but she is still a lovely ship. She's older than many cruise ships, but she is still in very good condition.

Her crew was excellent.

We loved Legend, I would sail again on her any time.

The ports of call on this cruise were interesting, too.

We booked a cruise for the panama canal on this ship. Its not until 2014. She is undergoing dry dock next year and they are adding a diamond and concierge lounge and specialty restaurants, similar to the grandeur of the seas update. We didn't hesitate one bit to book on the legend, as we have not been disappointed with the royal caribbean product! Have a great cruise!

Archived