Cat A Ocean View (Forward) on Quest?

CraftyEC

We are looking at booking the Route of Magellan cruise on the Quest in Oct/Nov 2013. We would be happy, in principal, with an Ocean View suite, and have found availability for most of the Cat A suites (412-417)

We would be happy with the facilities of these suites, but would like to make sure there aren't any liabilities?

The two things which come to mind are:

• These are pretty much the most forward suites. Is this likely to be a problem, movement-wise, on a TA from Barcelona to Brazil (via Gibraltar, Morocco, Canaries, Cape Verde)?
  • Is there much disturbance from anchor noise etc in the early morning? Obviously this wouldn't be an issue for the actual crossing, but we will be mooring on 8 mornings!

Does anyone have experience of these suites, especially on long / TA crossings?

Thanks in anticipation

Eileen

We stayed in 415 on the Sojourn Dover to Quebec where we had force 11 gales. We found no problems at all, the ship handled very well. We never heared the anchor at all. Hope this helps .:D

I was next door on the same crossing and there were no issues.

Thank you both. With your encouragement we have done the deed and booked it. We've booked GTY for the same price, so there is even the possibility of a visit from the upgrade fairy at some stage over the next year! Even if she doesn't put in an appearance we will be very happy with any of those category A suites down at the front!

Does a little happy dance!

look forward to seeing you on board

John & Marion:D

Hadn't realised you would be on this trip - it's turning into a mini roll call!

We're adding two days (three nights) in Rio on the end so that we can see the sights (Christ the Redeemer, Sugar Loaf mountain etc) before flying back to reality in the UK.

I just can't wait to be back on Seabourn, but will 'make do' with a shorter Princess cruise this October. I'm just worried I'll be making unfair comparisons, although I know we're looking at totally different products. I suppose I can happily stay in a luxury hotel for a laid back holiday but still be happy with a chain motel the night before a ferry crossing!

We booked it within a couple of days of them changing it from Barcelona to Florida (did not interest me ) to going to Rio. I have never been to any of the ports apart from Barcelona so we thought about it for ten minutes and booked it.:D

The Barcelona - FLL hadn't hit my radar, but we got an offer for this one (with an add on to Iguassu Falls) a couple of days ago. We decided to forgo the Falls bit and just spend a couple of days in Rio. Never been to S America (and never been to Africa so technically Morocco ticks that box, in letter if not in spirit, as one day doesn't constitute travelling to a whole continent!) so we're quite excited. That's why we didn't want to fly straight back. The only delay for us was deciding between just the cruise, the extended trip or our own compromise, and getting a good price. Job done, tick!

The Barcelona - FLL hadn't hit my radar, but we got an offer for this one (with an add on to Iguassu Falls) a couple of days ago. We decided to forgo the Falls bit and just spend a couple of days in Rio. Never been to S America (and never been to Africa so technically Morocco ticks that box, in letter if not in spirit, as one day doesn't constitute travelling to a whole continent!) so we're quite excited. That's why we didn't want to fly straight back. The only delay for us was deciding between just the cruise, the extended trip or our own compromise, and getting a good price. Job done, tick!

Just a suggestion since you have never been to South America, you should seriously consider tacking on the continuation of that cruise which is a 7 day cruise Rio de Janeiro to Buenos Aires....IMO.

Just a suggestion since you have never been to South America, you should seriously consider tacking on the continuation of that cruise which is a 7 day cruise Rio de Janeiro to Buenos Aires....IMO.

That would be bliss, but somewhat outside our restraints of time (I'm still working although DH has retired early) and money (we don't want to blow our entire annual vacation budget, as I will need a relaxing break from work earlier in the year!)

It would be wonderful, though!

I think I had better NOT let DH see this thread or he may ban me from CC as I'm being exposed to just TOO much temptation :D

That would be bliss, but somewhat outside our restraints of time (I'm still working although DH has retired early) and money (we don't want to blow our entire annual vacation budget, as I will need a relaxing break from work earlier in the year!)

It would be wonderful, though!

I think I had better NOT let DH see this thread or he may ban me from CC as I'm being exposed to just TOO much temptation :D

Don't want to tempt you too much and put you in the "dog house" with the DH!

It's now showing on the site with an allocation of 414 :)

DH laughed when I passed on your suggestion about adding on the next leg to Buenos Aires, but also pointed out that it would have worked out about the same as the original offer we had for the cruise, 2 days in Rio and a 2 day trip to Iguassu Falls. However, I'm contented to have a great cruise booked, and enough in the vacation fund for a nice trip away in the spring or early summer. Although we will be 'empty nesters' from October we do have to give some consideration to university term dates (still needed to transport the not so little darlings and their excessive possessions home) and we try to avoid vacations in 'high summer'. This means I get to travel at less crowded times and earns me Brownie points with my colleagues who are restrained by school vacation dates.

Eileen

It's now showing on the site with an allocation of 414 :)

DH laughed when I passed on your suggestion about adding on the next leg to Buenos Aires, but also pointed out that it would have worked out about the same as the original offer we had for the cruise, 2 days in Rio and a 2 day trip to Iguassu Falls. However, I'm contented to have a great cruise booked, and enough in the vacation fund for a nice trip away in the spring or early summer. Although we will be 'empty nesters' from October we do have to give some consideration to university term dates (still needed to transport the not so little darlings and their excessive possessions home) and we try to avoid vacations in 'high summer'. This means I get to travel at less crowded times and earns me Brownie points with my colleagues who are restrained by school vacation dates.

Eileen

We might just see you on that cruise as we are waiting to see what Seabourn will announce for the Quest after the November 13th cruise in 3 weeks time.

I logged in to the Seabourn site and the My Seabourn section, then My Reservations and put in the Booking ref which was on the form my TA had emailed me and there was our suite number! I was surprised the allocation was there so quickly, and don't know if that is significant or not, but the TA did mark the booking that we would accept an upgrade (well, as it's the lowest grade suite it would be silly not to) so I have over a year in which to keep dipping in.

I take it you haven't got your allocation yet? Or then again, you may have booked a specific suite.

It seems your TA has booked you an A cabin and not an A guarntee . The guarantee cabins are not usually allocated until a couple of weeks before departure. as you say , I really do not think there are any bad cabins and 414 is a good position.:)

Archived