Celebrity - Booked and Worried

Poppet1964

We're booked on the Reflection this December. We booked specifically due to 2 things... it's a wine cruise offered through a national TA and the food seems to get good reviews generally for a mass market cruise line. Yes, it's true, not everyone knows about Cruise Critic BEFORE they book a cruise!

I've been very excited about the trip, met some people on our roll call, planned and booked excursions, but.... with final payment right around the corner, these posts about clothing are making me nervous.

My first real cruise since the dinosaurs roamed the earth was this summer on NCL and I loved the casual feel, but I"m open to trying something new on Celebrity.

What I'd like to say is.. for those of us that haven't cruised Celebrity before, these endless, kind of nasty arguments regarding how to dress are off-putting to say the least. I don't want to start any kind of argument regarding what's the right way to dress, I just want to say that those of you who are Celebrity fans and want to keep them in business might want to tone down the judgements and actually make others feel welcome instead.

How about a "What's good about Celebrity and welcome to newcomer's" thread instead?

Don't worry, be happy.

Truly, don't be concerned. We have cruised NCL three times and X twice. The only real difference in dress is that for a 14 day cruise you have to dress up for three nights. On my last X cruise, I took my nice blue suit, instead of renting a tux. It worked great.

Archived