Any damage to port of NO for cruise ships?

Greselda

Our heartfelt hope that anyone on our beautiful Conquest right now (which will be returning this Sunday morning) will find no problems with the cruise port and/or getting to their vehicles for their drive home.:confused:

Does anyone know if Issac's path caused any damage to the port or will the Conquest have any delay in getting in on this Sunday?

Thanks for any input......

the elation came in today, so it must be ok. The web cams are down; i checked this morning. We are sailing on the 9th so i hope all is well. We had to change our hotel because we were staying outside nola and the town has flooded. I sure hope evryone down there stays safe!

Hi RedPelican...thank you so much for the update:D

Our roll call is sailing on December 2nd, and before Issac there were voiced concerns of how the drought was affecting the level of the mighty Mississippi:eek:

New Orleans itself fared well; the levees held up well and the pumping stations did their job.

Unfortunately, all the water that was pumped from N.O. has threatened all of the other small towns nearby (mine included, but we were lucky and enough inland to where most people here were spared) and it looks like the water should have receded enough for I-10 to be open tomorrow morning for all the Conquestors. :-) It IS open in both directions at this time, but limited to 1 lane in both directions. So leave WAY early; traffic will be a nightmare!

Archived