Phone Number on Reservation Changed

Qtypie617

Yesterday, my mom called me letting me know the Celebrity Concierge department called her phone and left a message for myself and my husband regarding our December cruise. First, let me say that they left a message when the names listed in the message are clearly articulated names that are completely different than ours. Secondly, I can only imagine how her number wound up on our reservation, we live 600 miles part and not traveling together. The only thing I can think is we have partially filled out our online check in and we listed her as th emergency contact.

I called Celebrity explaining the situation and Celebrity confirmed their employee should have never left the message given the name difference. Still concerning to me to say the least and they are going to address it, we shall see. One question they could not answer is how her number became the primary reservation contact. My thought is that because Celebrity has called the original reservation contact numbers in the past offer help with air etc, leaving messages and we don't need help so we don't call back.

I talked to a manager yesterday who is supposed to call me back next week after research and communication on leaving messages. Has this happened to anyone in the past? We have only cruised RCCL and this is our first Celebrity cruise and they are not winning me over with their website, conflicting customer service or their actions thus far. We are very low maintenance and I don't take time to share things like this but this is truly ridiculous!

Archived