Should we take taxi or shuttle?

shrimp

I'm sure this has been asked before, so please bear with me. We are going on Adventure of Seas this month, and our TA says to take taxi from San Juan airport to ship. Is this really quicker? How long is the ride, and are there certain cabs that you should take or should avoid? If anyone has done this, I'd appreciate your advice. Thanks.

Always take a cab - it's quicker.

When you get out of the airport, there is a kiosk where you get a "chit" where you get the fare "in writing" - you just tell them how many people, how many pieces of luggage, where you are going. They charge extra for any luggage pieces over 3.

Then there are people assigning cabs based on your needs - i.e., if you have a larger group and more luggage, they signal for a van.

This sounds cumbersome and time consuming, but we were about 8th in line for the "chits" and we were in a cab in less than two minutes.

I thought the system worked well, plus you didn't feel you were going to get ripped off by the cab driver since the piece of paper had your cost (minus tip) already stated.

Thank you , "Smudges mom". Do you remember how long it took to get to the pier? Just trying to get an idea of when we will arrive on the ship, and of course getting excited!

We went from the airport to a hotel near the airport, we arrived 3 days early.

Besides, our NCL ship was docked at the Pan American Pier - yours maybe docked at Old San Juan - which is, of course, better.

Go to the specific board for your cruiseline and start asking your questions there. They will be able to tell you where your particular ship docks and will be able to tell you how long the trip is to that dock.

I've been in San Juan a number of times and I don't believe anything is very far. Old San Juan is a "walking" kind of town - much to see without taking cabs.

If your ship is docked in Old San Juan, make sure to get off again and go for a walk. If your ship is like mine, it may be leaving later in the evening and although I know you are really excited about the ship itself, don't miss Old San Juan. Even the forts are interesting to see.

Archived