Voyager 5/20...many questions, please help

Hi all,

I am taking my first RCI cruise with my family, (DD's 3 and 5, DH and GPs) and have some questions about the ship and its programs. We are experienced cruisers, but don't know how RCI runs things. Any responses would be appreicated.

What is the procedure for getting Portofino ressies? Mad dash when you board? Are certain nights more difficult to get?

Is the kids program come and go as you please (like Disney) or do you have to sign up for various activities? Do they give you a beeper (like Disney)? Is it open the first day or night? My kids are 3 and 5.

Do the room minibars have mini-freezers?

What are the first things you should do when you board in terms of scheduling, etc.?

Are the pools filled while in port?

Thanks for any help you can give. If you have any other tips, they are welcomed and appreciated!

Peg

The Voyager ships are FANTASTIC!

You will find the Portofino folks standing outside the Windjammer when you go up to get lunch when you first get on the ship. They are there to take your reservations and you can almost always get in as long as you check in with them around lunch time on the boarding day or even that evening.

Not sure about the kids programs because we don't have children but I am sure someone else can grab that one for me!

Yes, there are freezers as far as I can remember - right?

First thing to do as far as scheduling is GET YOUR EXCURSIONS BOOKED if you have not pre-scheduled online. This way you can be sure to get in before they fill up.

I think they are filled VERY EARLY in morning or in port because I have never seen them filling the pools and I have been on the Voyager class ships twice...

Another tip:

You should check out the Voyeger video for details and good "insider" looks at the ship. It will get you REALLY excited about your upcoming cruise. You can usually find it on Ebay or find someone here that has it to send you a copy of it.

The Voyager ships are FANTASTIC!

You will find the Portofino folks standing outside the Windjammer when you go up to get lunch when you first get on the ship. They are there to take your reservations and you can almost always get in as long as you check in with them around lunch time on the boarding day or even that evening.

Not sure about the kids programs because we don't have children but I am sure someone else can grab that one for me!

Yes, there are freezers as far as I can remember - right?

First thing to do as far as scheduling is GET YOUR EXCURSIONS BOOKED if you have not pre-scheduled online. This way you can be sure to get in before they fill up.

I think they are filled VERY EARLY in morning or in port because I have never seen them filling the pools and I have been on the Voyager class ships twice...

Another tip:

You should check out the Voyeger video for details and good "insider" looks at the ship. It will get you REALLY excited about your upcoming cruise. You can usually find it on Ebay or find someone here that has it to send you a copy of it.

I agree - this ship was fantastic.

A couple of other things you may want to book when you get on board is a spa treatment and Portofino reservations. I know you can do Portofino via the phone, but I'm not sure about the spa (we did ours in person).

Also keep an eye out in the Compass to see when they are giving out the Ice Show tickets. Get down to wherever they are distributing them and grab some for your party. There is no fee, but limited seating. The show is not to be missed.

I hope you have an excellent & fun trip!!:)

Archived