Strategy for Jacksonville without a rental car

steve4031

I snagged a decent bed and breakfast rate at the Hyatt Regency by the river. My goal is to avoid having to deal with a rental car. So my thought is to take a taxi from the airport to the Hyatt regency, and then to the port the next morning.

What time does the Jacksonville port start accepting passengers for boarding? How much time should I allow from the Hyatt to the port.

Thanks.

Cruised out of Jacksonville a couple of times and we were able to get on the ship anywhere from 10:15-10:45 depending on how fast the previous cruisers get off. Jax port is very easy to navigate. Unable to answer your question about the Hyatt though!!:o

I would leave the Hyatt at around 10;30 putting you at the port at approx 11.

Enjoy the downtown waterfront and the view at night! Also, river city brewery or the landing if anything is happening there.

Also, you might check with the Hyatt to see if they have a shuttle from the airport.

When you arrive via taxi at the port make sure you have your boarding pass and ID to get thru the checkpoint. someone always has it in thier carry on somewhere....argh...

Archived