Curves Anybody??

jplewis

I don't like the vanilla either. I much prefer the chocolate. I tried putting fruit and other flavorings in the vanilla but it still had that taste. Someone told me to try a scoop of vanilla and a scoop of chocolate. I haven't tried that yet but I will because I don't want to waist the vanilla container I have. CruisinCamper, Try the metabolism tune up in the curves book and see how that helps to get your weight moving again.

Where are all the Curves folks? I enjoy this thread, but there has been so little activity--is every body on their cruise?:D Me, I've got 54 days, I'm doing Curves 3 times a week, on other days it's aerobics, swimming, belly dancing, etc. Going to Curves today and boy am I looking forward to it.

Kerrie

Hope ya'll are ok. My DH works for Plantation Pipeline, they sent him to Collins yesterday and he could not get up there. We have a housefull from New Orleans. DH's nehpew, niece and roommates all came in Sunday morning. They also brought in roommates parents and brother. I just glad we can help out. I hope Hattiesburg is ok and you are safe.

Anita

Hi everyone, I just joined curves 2 weeks ago. Have been going every morning during the week. We have what they are calling "Weight Loss Class" starting week of 12 Sept. I have joined that class and am hoping this will help me lose by my cruise date of 26 Oct. I retired a year ago and have enjoyed the sleeping in every morning. This has me getting up early again and helping me to feel better. Just need the motivation sometimes. Hopefully, this thread will help us all.

Nancy

Hi All, Anita, all of my family is safe and sound. We don't have power but luckily some friends do and we are staying with them at night and going home in daytime to cut up trees and try to clean yard. None fell on our house. Thank Goodness! My sisters are in Picayune and were with us during the storm but we have't been able to talk to them since they went home Tues. I know one sister's home was damaged but we can't even go see about them because of the gas shortage. WE did hear yesterday that the plant in Collins sent out 20 tanker trucks so my daughter in Jackson was going to get us a couple of cans full. We have enought to get to Jackson and stay with our children in case we don't get electricity soon but don't have enough to get back.

Our Curves is closed as is most of H'burg. There are power lines and poles down everywhere. But there are a lot of men here from other places helping get it going.

Talk to ya'll when I get my power back.

Patsy

Patsy,

So glad to hear that you only lost electricity and a few downed trees. Those things can be taken care of. I know they sent a crew from our electric company. They started down before the storm hit and stopped somewhere half way so that they could be there to help out right away. I am sure they sent some of your guy to help us out after Isabelle. I can't even wrap my brain around how things must be down there. I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Chessie68, thank you for your prayers. We are so blessed to be as well off as we are. 90 degrees plus but we do have somewhere cool to sleep. I was just reading the paper and a man was telling about seeing bodies tied to a stop sign to keep them from floating away. That was further south than us. We didn't have the terrible flooding. But we do appreciate all the people who have come in from other places to help with getting things back to normal (although I'm not sure it will ever be "normal" as we knew it. The rural areas are really hard hit also. On radio they are telling of people dying because they can't get oxygen tanks or insulin. Sorry to be so grapic but you said you couldn't wrap your mind around it so I'm telling you how it is. We are probably better off not seeing exactly how bad it is.

Thanks to all for thinking of us down here.

Patsy

• 2 weeks later...

Our local Curves has been closed for two weeks due to no power because of Katrina. When it reopened this week it was announced that Curves headquarters would match what each Curves location gives up to $1,000. That is a great thing for them to do. I hope you will all think about making a small donation.

I still have family farther South without electricity, there are still people in our area needing so much. We were really blessed to only be without power for 8 days and never ran out of food or water.

Now it's back to regular Curves workouts.

Patsy

My curves just put up a contribution jar. If every curves member just gave a $ it would all add up. Pennies turn into dollars and so forth.

On another note. I got weighed and measured last week and in 2 months I have lost 19 lb and 12 and 3/4 inches. I have been doing everything by the book. High protein low carb diet , eating every 2 to 3 hours. curves protein shakes. fiber and water. Because of my work schedule and curves opening times, I have only been able to get to curves 2 to 3 times a week. Mostly 2 times a week. My cruise is in less then 3 weeks. I am hoping to loose another 5 lb. I haven't bought any clothes yet. I tried on some things last week but I didn't buy anything. I'll get down to business next week . I don't things will change much size wise after that.

That is great, Chessie!! We leave in less than two weeks and while we were without power we had to eat what we could so my diet went down the drain. People were cleaning out their freezers and we had catfish fries, etc. Met a lot of nice neighbors.

I'm going to really try for the next 11 days though, may lose a lb or two.

Our Curves actually waived our fee for this month (we have a really nice owner) so I'm hoping most everyone gives their monthly payment. That would really mount up quickly.

• 2 weeks later...

That is awsome:) I haven't made it back to Curves but twice since Katrina. We've had a house full of extras and we just took in DH's 13 year old niece for the rest of this school year. The only exercise I've gotten was picking up 15 .bags of leaves and limbs.:rolleyes: You are great for motivation to get back

Congrats Kerrie on your curves success. It should be about time for your cruise. Enjoy yourself.

I have been doing the same things but I haven't lost any weight for 3 weeks. I'm OK with it though. hopefully I am still loosing inches. I ran into a lady who has been going to curve 3 times a week for a year. She has only lost 1 lb but has lost 14.5 inches. My cruise is a week from Sunday. I plan to eat well. I am not going to deny myself any of the tasty tidbits but I will try to be selective. I'm hoping a week of eating will shock my body so that when I come back I can begin to loose again.

Patsy (jplewis) should be stating her cruise right about now. I hope she is having a wonderful time.

Hi Chessie68, thanks! I know what you mean, it took me 5 months before I actually lost weight and I have to work out everyday (Curves 3 times, other days things like aerobics, belly dancing, etc.) and reducing some calories. My cruise is in 25 days! I too plan on also enjoying myself and indulging. I don't like to deny myself on vacation, but I may try to work a little more activity in. My next weight & measure at Curves is my first workout back from the cruise:eek: ,isn't that a riot. Have fun on your cruise!

Kerrie

I guess everyone laid off after the storms, so now everyone is back in full force. It's nice to see everyone and catch up on how many extras we are still helping out. It's also good motivation to share WOE habits.

Where are the rest of the Curves people?

Is Patti still on her cruise?

Anita

I have also heard that if you plateau you can eat a little more and exercise a little less and it will kick start you again. From my limited experience I think there may be some truth to it, but I would love to hear from others.

Kerrie

PS: Chessie68, I hope you have a fabulous time.

Patsy,

You might have seen my old thread on wishing they had a Curves workout on cruise ships. Many people said it would be great, while one person said they actually did on just one cruise one time. I have been a member of Curves since June of 2004. I've lost 13 lbs and I was the 10th biggest loser in February at my Curves. I think going helps to get you in shape, especially for all that walkiing on board and doing the steps in the ship. I love Curves and hate missing it, but I had carpal tunnel surgery on my right hand in July and missed a month and a half and I'm getting my left hand done the end of October, which means missing it again. I'd love to see a cruise ship add Curves to their exercise rooms, but then the guys would feel left out. Maybe they could take over the exercise room for just an hour a day and then we could work out. Also, my Curves added a walking class, abs classes and a sr. abs class to the middle of their workout room. It doesn't cost anything extra and it gets your heart pumping!

--Jo

PS--Patsy I'm a sugarholic too. I belong to Kaiser Permanente and their nutritionist told me to do a high fiber diet. Try whole wheat pasta, breads, etc. plus fruits and veggies and see if your cravings for sugar are down when you exercise.

So what does your Curves do when you reach 100 workouts??? Do they do anything?? I am 15 away from my 100th workout and I will get a ballon on the wall, I think the person on their 100th workout wears a crown during the workout and you are entered to win a T-shir. What do other Curves do??

Kerrie

• 2 weeks later...

I am "RetRanger's" wife and I have been going to Curves for a little over a year(minus 3 months for surgery recovery last Spring). I have lost 13 pounds and 12 inches. I am so much stronger and have greater endurance for hiking in the mountains. I have also been working with a registered dietician and I have worked hard to lower my blood sugar level through diet and exercise. My doctor says I no longer medically quailfy as a diabetic!!! Here is my question... we are leaving in 12 days for a 10 day HAL cruise, I want to use the onboard fitness center during the cruise as well as walking for exercise. I feel rather intimidated about going into the fitness center after being at Curves. Are there resistance machines there that I can use or at least would recognize? Any Curves members out there that have use the onboard fitness centers can you help?

Thanks, RetRanger's DW

• 2 weeks later...

Where is everyone? I know where I've been. My DH of 20 years decided he wanted a divorce (and D no longer stands for dear:0) I had not been to Curves in over a month. Along with my divorce becoming final, ex-DH fell out of a deer stand two weeks ago and was in the hospital for a week and then at my house for another week. Other than our kids I'm his only living ex-relative.

Anyway started back and over. Our owner manager gave me the Zig Ziglar cds last night - she said she thought I needed them after the month I had had. They are great!! I'm already feeling much better about myself and new goals I need to set. If you have a chance to win them or get them, do it.

Pasty, how is it going in Hattiesburg? Are things back to normal yet?

Anita

Archived