Curves Anybody??

jplewis

Hi, jplewis. Have fun in Point Clear. Are you going to the Grand? I re-started no/low carbs this week. I figure if I can get a couple of pounds off I will be motivated to stick to SBD better. Are you from Hattiesburg? I went to Southern Miss for a year (years ago!!) I met several of my best friends there. Hattiesburg has grown so much since then.

Anita

Hi Anita, we used to go to the Grand before they did the big renovation and prices went WAY up. We are staying at some cottages my sister found called Away at the Bay. They stayed there Christmas and really enjoyed it. This is actually in Fairhope.We will still go to the Grand and watch the sunset.

We have been in H'burg for 5 years. Retired here after Dallas and LA area. Our home is actually Picayune so this is a good central location. Were also in McComb for 20 years.

I'm glad I was reminded of my Zig Ziglar CD's. I had two coming. We get them after 12 times attendance in a month.

This week I'm eating irresponsibly - next week I'm back to responsible eating. Our cruise is Sept. 29 so I'm running out of time.

Patsy

I'm starting bright and early Monday morning - watching sugar, bread, and everything really good. Not just watching it - cutting it to the bone.

I have 7 weeks before cruise and would really like to lose some of the middle areas of my body.

Any one want to join me?

I think I will wait a couple of weeks before getting measured at Curves thoungh. I want to be encouraged not discouraged.

Patsy

Good morning Patsy. I'm with you. I think I'm starting to go through menopause. I'm eating the same and gaining weight. I'm 44 and have always had to watch what I eat, but now I watch what I eat and I'm gaining weight. I'm only 5' tall, so a few pounds can make a big difference in the size clothing I wear. I seldom make it to Curves on Mondays, but I will be there today.

I will probably not weigh or measure for another month.

I'm starting bright and early Monday morning - watching sugar, bread, and everything really good. Not just watching it - cutting it to the bone.

I have 7 weeks before cruise and would really like to lose some of the middle areas of my body.

Any one want to join me?

I think I will wait a couple of weeks before getting measured at Curves thoungh. I want to be encouraged not discouraged.

Patsy

I have about the same amount of time before my cruise. Has anyone read the curves book? I am truly surprised at how many people I have asked about it and they have said what book. It was given to me free when I provided 3 leads. I am trying to stick to the curves method in order to get my metabolism to kicked up. I've been a yo yo dieter a good bit of my adult life. I am looking at it as a project, rather then a diet.

Chessie, I have the curves book and have read it. Are you doing the low carb or low calorie version?

I am doing the low carb. For the first week or so it was hard to figure out what I could eat. I also wasn't eating enough. Once I kicked up the protein I began to see the scale go down. It is not moving fast but It is moving. I am eating more then I have ever eaten. I also drink one of the protein shakes once a day. I try to get to Curves 3 times a week but I don't always make it due to my work schedule and Curves opening times.

So glad to see ya'll (I am from the South) joining me in my New Way of Eating. I am doing a combination of South Beach and Curves. In some ways they are similar. I did SBD when it first came out and actually lost some in the abdomen area. Then along came cruises, holidays, etc. Too many eating opportunities. I find it hard to get protein with every meal and snack. I guess I think chicken too much.

Cruisincamper, I too am only 5'2" so I know what you mean. I quit smoking at the same time I went through menopause (hysterectomy) so not sure what caused my weight gain (other than too much food - especially desserts).

Let's do try to keep each other encouraged.

Patsy

I think one of my problems doing low carb it eating too much cheese. I tend to snack on cheese when I get hungry. I know I'm taking in way too many calories with the cheese. We are big chip & dip eaters on the weekend. That's hard for me to give up. I guess I'm lucky that my kids are not into too many sweets, so I don't have that temptation.

I'm gonna work out on the way home. I also am going to ask about the Zig Zigler tapes. I have not heard anyone talking about them at our Curves location.

I am so proud of myself - I have eaten responsibly 3 days so far. I did have to have 1/2 cup of Healthy Choice ice cream last night but am making jello today. If I put a little cool Whip on it I think it's dessert.

My problem is breakfast. I never thought I could eat cottage cheese but I mix a little sugar free jello in it and put a few walnuts and it's not tooo bad.

I did pick up my two other ZigZiglar tapes but have not listened to them yet.

I asked about the Ziglar tapes yesterday. Our owner/manager said she had ordered them and was using them for a weight loss class she is starting in Sept. They will be given away as prizes as people lose pounds/inches.

I like the jello sugar free pudding. When I have to have a chocolate fix.:)

I'm also a Curves member.........I've been a member for 3 1/2 months and have lost over 20 lbs and many many inches. My body fat has gone from 27% down to 21.7%.

I went to Curves to lose my pregnancy weight and to get in shape for my husbands class reunion last weekend. I wore a size 8 dress and felt great. I have totally changed my eating habits....one thing that did help me lose also- I did a month of Nutrisystem. It got my metabolism going and taught me portion control. I'm still on nutrisystem......but i"m not purchasing the food from them. I eat every few hours and am putting good healthy food into my body. Even my husband and kids are eating better.

I will work out on my cruise.......and I will NOT deny myself anything. I've read threads about people eating 2, 3 and even 4 lobsters on lobster night........just because they can. Thats just stupid. There is NO way that you are enjoying that....you're just being a glutton. I enjoy the sweets and snacks that I do eat......and I also enjoy the veggies and lean meats that I eat. Learning how to rethink your relationship with food is such a HUGE thing. I used to use food as a reward......but instead of a reward, its actually hurting you.

Ok.....I'm off my soapbox now. Good luck to all of you Curves ladies......and keep up the good work!

2boysmommy, that is wonderful. You have done great!!!

You are right about how we view food. As a reward for a bad day, disappointments and my personal favorite - our dinner was not very good so we'll have dessert.

Patsy

I weighed and measured for my first time at curves last evening and I lost 11lb and 8 3/4 inches. I know you always loose more in the beginning but I would love to double that by the time my cruise comes around in October. I am following the curves system completely. High protein, eating every 2 to 3 hours, protein shakes, and curves 3 times a week. I am also taking curves calcium. They say that calcium helps you to loose belly fat. Much of my inches came off in my belly.

I have found that by keeping my blood sugar even, eating protein every 2 to 3 hours, I have not had the urge to cheat. One night I forgot to take my food to work with me. I went 12 hours without eating. When I got home I was ravenous. That really taught me something.

2boysmommy, Congrats on your success at curves.

Thanks for the inspiration. I just left the DR. and he put me on Zoloft. (long story about my stess levels right now)The 1st thing I asked was would it cause weight gain. Good for me, he said I would probably lose some belly fat by taking it. He also told me there were new studies out about stress and belly fat, and that you need to work out at least 4 times a week for 30 minutes in order to stop the cortisol (sp) from forming more belly fat.

I will be at Curves tonight:)

Hi all, sorry I've been sick and then on vacation. So of course, I think I've undone all my good work (sick means Mommy doesn't cook which means fast food and then vacation --double whammy). But seriously, my next weight and measure (Wed. 8/24) may not have the desired results but I'm getting motivated again. I only have 63 days till my next cruise and 2 weeks of no workouts is showing. I look forward to my Curves workout today!

Kerrie

Anyone heard anything about what's new at curves? I heard through a friend that goes to a different curves that they are changing some things. I know they have a new book coming out. I also heard something on the TV this morning about something new starting September 12th. I talked to one of the staff this morning and she was clueless to what it was but that they are having a big meeeting this week.

I have to brag on myself - I have eaten responsibly for one full week. To me that means No Dessert and a few other things. It really hasn't been too bad. I lost a couple of lbs. and my husband even more. I don't know why that happens to men when we try harder than them - he wasn't even trying.

I haven't heard about anything new at Curves. I got a new book at Curves for my b'day last month that she said she wasn't sure how they were going to use them - incentives, etc. It is mostly about eating out and a chart to use for that.

I've been reading about stress levels, cortisol and belly fat. I am glad to see a Dr. mentioning it.

Good luck to all this week.

Patsy

Hi Chessie, I was at Curves last night and asked about the commercial. Owner said it was for an 8 week weight loss program starting some time in mid Sept. It cost $69 and you get a t-shirt, book, meetings, food planner/diary, curves shake mix, and I can't remember what else.

Good luck to everyone.

Patty keep up the good work.

We have something at our Curves called the Curves Challenge that is a six week program which sounds indentical to that. They never seem to have it at a time I will be around for 6 straight weeks so I haven't done it.

I went to a Mexican rest. with friends yesterday for lunch. I planned ahead (had a menu at home), ate NO chips so still did good.

It is so hot here you would think you'd sweat off a lb. just going outside. I know CruisinCamper knows what I mean (being from La.)

Patsy

Hi ya'll, Patsy I know what you mean about the heat. We had to trim trees and hedges in yard Sunday I thought I was gonna pass out. My husband kept teasing me about working out. He said I thought you were in shape. He works outside everyday, I have an office job. Big difference when you are used to the heat.

Our Curves challange will be at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesdays. I won't make those classes either. I have a 10th grader playing volleyball and that is one of the nights she plays.

Is anyone using the shake formula? Does it help with weight loss?

I have been using the protein shakes for a few week. I really think it helps but I don't really know the reason why. I just know the scale didn't budge because they said I wasn't eating enough. I started with the shakes and added a bit more protein to my diet and the scale started moving.

I tried the vanilla and it was awful. I put blueberries in it and it really had a chalky taste. Is the chocolate any better or do you use the vanilla and add fruit? My weight has been stuck for a month. I guess I really need to measure, maybe I'm gaining muscle and losing inches:) . At least that's what I can hope for!

Archived