Taxi from Sydney airport to hotel

2goldens

That's interesting. I googled our hotels (The Four Seasons and the Sofitel Sydney Wentworth) and they are very close to each other. In my email to them I mentioned the hotel where we are staying. This is the reply I got from my email:

"Thank you for your enquiry. The cost of one of our sedans from the City going to the International airport is $69 including all tolls and GST. Hope this helps."

It seems like there are two separate Towncars companies, this is what I found:

http://www.towncars.com

and:

http://www.towncars.com.au

I also found Omnicars, which quoted $47 for Domestic terminal to Old Sydney HI in The Rocks which seems like a good price.

Has anyone had any experience of these companies?

That's interesting. I googled our hotels (The Four Seasons and the Sofitel Sydney Wentworth) and they are very close to each other. In my email to them I mentioned the hotel where we are staying. This is the reply I got from my email:

"Thank you for your enquiry. The cost of one of our sedans from the City going to the International airport is $69 including all tolls and GST. Hope this helps."

Very helpful - not.

GST is our goods and services tax which must be automatically included in all prices quoted. Tolls and airport charges only apply heading from the airport to the City. There are no tolls to the airport. Looks like they are quoting worst scenario prices.

Even though the two hotels appear to be close together they can in fact be 10 minutes apart by taxi due to traffic conditions - depending on the time of day. Morning and afternoon rush hours in the city can be nasty.

Thanks Cassamanda....I've decided to just go with an good ol' fashioned taxi to get us to the airport. We have to be at the airport on a Sunday evening (at around 6:00pm) so fortunately our ride there won't have to deal with any Mon-Fri rush hour traffic jams.

Archived