drop passengers in front of terminal or take them to 3rd floor and cross there?

alaska_planner

I'm taking my somewhat mobility challenged 85 year old mother and sister on the Dream next month.

We're driving a rental car from Orlando and i plan on parking in the parking structure - up on the 3rd floor by the bridge (in the handicapped parking - using my mom's or sister's handicapped parking tag).

When i spoke with DCL, they suggested that i drop my mom and sister off at the front of the terminal and that i then park on the 3rd floor and cross on the bridge and then meet them inside.

But this sounds like a recipe for losing each other.

I thought that we should drop off our suitcases in the front and then all 3 of us drive up to the 3rd floor, park there and walk across the bridge.

The parking structure wasn't there the last time i was on DCL, so i'm not at all familiar with what i'm talking about.

What would you do? Drop them off in front of the terminal and meet them upstairs? Or cross on the bridge together?

I think what the agent was talking about was if you request pier assistance to help them board (including a wheel chair which you may want to consider since the linnes can be long and hard to stand in) it may need to happen from the drop off point. You can always come back down and meet them before they enter the building rather than using the bridge. Have fun either way it will be fine.

I think what the agent was talking about was if you request pier assistance to help them board (including a wheel chair which you may want to consider since the linnes can be long and hard to stand in) it may need to happen from the drop off point. You can always come back down and meet them before they enter the building rather than using the bridge. Have fun either way it will be fine.

That makes sense - but i think it will be better for the 3 of us to stay together....we'll be in concierge, so i'm hoping the line won't be too long and if we have to wait, there will be a place for her to sit down.

i walk with her on the beach every day and she walks about a quarter of a mile, albeit very slowly....so i think she'll be ok with the bridge/terminal....

we'll just walk very slowly....nowhere to rush to...everyone will get on the ship eventually....

Archived