Ziplining without using clove to stop

orwell-g

hi,

I checked out some of the Zip line companies in Roatan and on all pictures people are wearing these working cloves to grab the cable for breaking.

I did this once in Thailand and grabbing on to the cable going 30 mph was not a desirable experience. On the other hand zip lines in Germany are all build that you slow down by default at the end of each rope.

Are there any zip line companys in Roatan there you dont have to use your own hand to break?

hi,

I checked out some of the Zip line companies in Roatan and on all pictures people are wearing these working cloves to grab the cable for breaking.

I did this once in Thailand and grabbing on to the cable going 30 mph was not a desirable experience. On the other hand zip lines in Germany are all build that you slow down by default at the end of each rope.

Are there any zip line companys in Roatan there you dont have to use your own hand to break?

We zipped with Pirates of the Caribbean and we did not wear gloves or used our hands to break.

I have written a detailed review with photos of our ziplining experience. If you are interested, you can check it out here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1704270&page=6

(our ziplining excursion is located from posts #113 - #115)

thanks for the comments, indeed Pirates seem to have a guy a the end of each line to stop you using some kind of leash (found a video on tripadvisor)

@dz63:

great review of the legend. I will do the Carnival Legend caribbean trip in January 2013 :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived