UAL Death Knell?

tee_wrecks

Any thoughts on the impending strike by United Air Lines? We're scheduled to fly from Denver to Vancouver on June 12 and from Anchorage to Denver on the 25th, both on UAL. Sure gonna put a crimp in my vacation if they strike.

I don't have UAL flights, but have been wondering if those that do are nervous.

Have you researched alternatives on other airlines in the event of a strike? It is my understanding other carriers will sometimes honor strike impacted tickets on a stand-by basis. I don't know if this will be the case or not.

B

We have reservations to fly out of a small town on the western slope of Colorado to Denver and Denver to Seattle on June 3rd and then back on the 12th. Getting VERY worried here about United.

Four seats on UAL in August here. After all the hassle I went through to book frequent flyer miles, etc. and now this! Well, my flights are far enough out so IF there is a strike coming, hopefully it will happen and be resolved by mid-August! :rolleyes:

Getting other flights would be no problem and in fact, I'll make those reservations tonight. The sad thing is that our flights were going to be free due to use of frequent flier miles. If they strike, the price of my vacation just went up by about $1400.:mad:

United has supposedly taken preventative measures in preparation for a possible strike. Also, even if your particular flight is cancelled, United will likely try to get you onboard another airline's flights. Your odds improve if your schedule flight(s) are early in the day. Thus, even if there is a strike, I'm betting on the fact that they will continue to fly or will arrange alternative transportation.

Do you have a link that doesn't require registration?

I have US Airways to Seattle and "USAirways operated by United" on the return legs so hoping USAirways will honor the tickets if there is a strike or we will be "sleepless and stuck in Seattle" ;) . In February my tickets were "United operated by USAirways" and USAirways was in trouble.. it's a vicious cycle isn't it. Hoping there is no strike and all of you at least get TO your cruise.. getting stuck after isn't as bad!

I'm more frustrated bec. living at USAirways largest hub and with coworkers who work with the airline, I cashed in USAirways FF miles last January and gave some to a friend and now with the impending merger would have enough for freebie to Europe:rolleyes: oh,well, my friend and I will have a ball in Vancouver courtesy of Star Alliance and Air Canada :)

Archived