Packing mistakes

ncshp955

Pack a waterproof lanyard case for cash for excursions and to bury in the sand on the beach. We have two types now- the kind to wear snorkeling and the kind with a zip lock top to keep cash dry. On one dolphin swim our possessions were out in the open pretty much. They watched over our stuff happily but it's a nice option to tuck that into your bathing suit (one-piece) with these things.

sunburn cream or aloe lotion. while in jamiaca this year my husband decided to be stubborn and not use my waterproof spray sunscreen used rub on that wasnt waterproof instead. :o he got so burned and there was none to be found on the ship. thankfully we made some wonderful new friends and they loaned him a bottle of burn cream

I'm going to finish reading this thread' date=' but had to comment here. This is great and wondering if it's true? My Aunt & Uncle came home from trip to Disney World with same advice (only they named her Alexandra).[/quote']

We named ours Joe!

• 1 month later...

When I pack I put a couple of outfits of mine in my husband's suitcase and a couple of his outfits in my suitcase. If the airlines looses a suitcase than we each will have something to wear. He'd look pretty funny wearing my underwear if his was lost and I'd need more than his bathing suit if mine was lost.

Great tips -

My best tip - make a master packing list. It's on the computer and I print a new one for each trip. I keep adding to it because some vacations require some things, and others do not. I cross off those things that have nothing to do with the current trip and checkmark as I assemble the other things. The list is more about the "things" I need, rather than clothes, but clothes are on the list, too. (One time I forgot underwear - good thing it was a land trip, so our first stop was the mall. Yea, I know - how does one forget underwear? :o)

I have a few items that are written in large letters on my list - spare glasses, medicine, passports. Everything else is replaceable.

It does make me more nervous to pack for a cruise than a land vacation because things are not easily replaced if one is on a ship in the middle of the ocean.

I like to snack on Pringles. So I always try to take 2 or more cans!

Walmart $1 vs. Ship $5 :eek::eek::eek:

How funny-- always crave Pringles on cruises for some reason. It is not like there isn't a ton of food on the ship, but at some point on the trip I really want some salty crunchy Pringles and a drink on the balcony. Room service chips don't do the trick, and the cans of Pringles in the gift shop are too expensive-- may have pack our own this time!

Our must-have when cruising has become a pop-up hamper for dirty laundry. Since we travel with 4 people in a cabin, closet space is full so I put the hamper under the vanity behind the little stool-- out of the way, yet convenient to keep dirty stuff from getting mixed back in with clean clothes.

I like to snack on Pringles. So I always try to take 2 or more cans!

Walmart $1 vs. Ship $5 :eek::eek::eek:

How funny-- always crave Pringles on cruises for some reason. It is not like there isn't a ton of food on the ship, but at some point on the trip I really want some salty crunchy Pringles and a drink on the balcony. Room service chips don't do the trick, and the cans of Pringles in the gift shop are too expensive-- may have pack our own this time!

Our must-have when cruising has become a pop-up hamper for dirty laundry. Since we travel with 4 people in a cabin, closet space is full so I put the hamper under the vanity behind the little stool-- out of the way, yet convenient to keep dirty stuff from getting mixed back in with clean clothes.

I don't pack a lot of 'extras'. I don't have electronics, curling irons, etc that need to be plugged in. I don't worry about not having something, I live with the mindset that "If its not there, oh well-too bad".

Maybe I'm just really good at packing, been doing it for vacations for YEARS and its down to a science.

Sounds like me.

Archived