Private Transfer from Istanbul Airport to Ship

4JACK

Just booked Istanbul to Athens, aboard Marina, (very last minute!), sail date November 1, 2012, and we are looking for a private transport from Istanbul airport to the port. Does anyone have a recommendation for a private transfer? Also, a private transfer from Piraeus to the Athens airport? Thank you.

Just booked Istanbul to Athens, aboard Marina, (very last minute!), sail date November 1, 2012, and we are looking for a private transport from Istanbul airport to the port. Does anyone have a recommendation for a private transfer? Also, a private transfer from Piraeus to the Athens airport? Thank you.

Unless you travel with an exceptional amount of luggage, I wouldn't bother with a private transfer in either port, as Taxi's will be readily available, and having to hook up with a specific car and driver just adds another complication.

Unless you travel with an exceptional amount of luggage, I wouldn't bother with a private transfer in either port, as Taxi's will be readily available, and having to hook up with a specific car and driver just adds another complication.

Jim and Stan, I always enjoy reading your professonal posts and your stunning photos. Appreciate your quick opinion to my question. We just booked Aegean Marvels today, and we have two future Rivera bookings scheduled for 2013, and have always arranged private transfer from airport or hotel to the cruise port, so it is good to know that taxis will be readily available for our transfer at the airport. We will not be taking that much luggage since it is only a seven day cruise. Much appreciate your help.

I dunno, Jim, because when we arrived in Athens in August we took your advice and booked George's Taxi. Well, it was a combo deal for us ... pick-up at the airport and transfer to the hotel, plus a half-day tour to Corinth the next day and then transfer to the ship.

Our driver was waiting for us with our names spelled correctly on his sign ... It was very simple.

I had considered letting the hotel book us the taxi transfer from the airport but they charged €60-70 for that, and George's only charged the flat €60.

By the way, while I'd never advise going to Athens in August (!) because of the heat -- if you arrive after August 15th, there's no traffic on the road ...

As to Istanbul, I was researching transfers in the opposite direction (port to hotel) but I did find a several outfits just by googling. I'm not sure I still have the names of these guys because I cleared out my list once I realized we would be using our hotel's transfer options. But email me (see below) if you still want the names and I'll see what I may have. (And of course I haven't actually used them.)

Jim is probably right: just get a cab at the airport.

Mura

Archived