Tell me your Guaranteed Balcony story

natdalton

OMG HOW DID YOU DO THAT?!?!?! He won't be doing it, but i still want to hear the story behind this picture!

I fished off the back of the "big red Boat" Oceanic. I had a trolling rod and worked great untill they decided to stop "dead in the water" for about 15 hours.. That was there "sea day". I didnt have tackle for bottom fishing, so I never caught anything.

It's all about managing expectations:

Each time I cruise, I book an OV guarantee, fully expecting that I will be assigned the least desirable room in class (porthole, right next to the anchor.....). If I get upgraded, it's gravy. My last three cruises I've been upgraded to a balcony mid-ship (once on level 6, twice on Verandah), I don't know if it's been dumb luck, my history with Carnival or supply and demand.

It never ceases to amuse me when I embark and there is already a line of people at the purser complaining about the cabin assignments....

I am considering upgrading to a guaranteed balcony category. I do know it's a complete gamble whether you get a good room or not, so I want to hear your horror and success stories when booking a guaranteed balcony.

We only booked a guarantee inside once on Carnival. We usually don't do that but on this trip it was the right thing to do. It ended up being an inside cabin with the french doors. It was our fist exposure to the possiblities of a balcony and we haven't went back since. We now get a full balcony and love it!

Archived