Breezes sailing?

sailandcruise

Breezes' web site says that they have sailing available, but doesn't provide any additional information. http://www.breezes.com/resorts/breezes-bahamas/activities. Can anyone tell me what kind of boats they have? I imagine that they are sunfish and/or hobies but I would like to know for certain. How many are there? Are they in good condition? Are they easily available or does demand exceed supply, resulting in limitations on their use? Most important, are they available to cruisers who purchase a day pass or limited to resort guests?

Sailing is my favorite activity, and it's availability will determine whether or not I decide to spend the day at Breezes. I suppose I could just go there and see for myself and then decide whether the $60 per person is worth it, but I'd prefer to know in advance. Thanks for any information you can provide.

Breezes' web site says that they have sailing available, but doesn't provide any additional information. http://www.breezes.com/resorts/breezes-bahamas/activities. Can anyone tell me what kind of boats they have? I imagine that they are sunfish and/or hobies but I would like to know for certain. How many are there? Are they in good condition? Are they easily available or does demand exceed supply, resulting in limitations on their use? Most important, are they available to cruisers who purchase a day pass or limited to resort guests?

Sailing is my favorite activity, and it's availability will determine whether or not I decide to spend the day at Breezes. I suppose I could just go there and see for myself and then decide whether the $60 per person is worth it, but I'd prefer to know in advance. Thanks for any information you can provide.

Last time I was there their were 2 hobies..in decent condition. There was a waiting list for use, and ea. got 30 minutes. We decided not to do it.

I think Sheraton replaced saiiing with stand up paddle boards. Again, 30 minutes.

Last time I was there their were 2 hobies..in decent condition. There was a waiting list for use, and ea. got 30 minutes. We decided not to do it.

I think Sheraton replaced saiiing with stand up paddle boards. Again, 30 minutes.

All of those water toys are included with the $25 admission per person, right?

Thanks scubagirrl.

Can I sign up for multiple 30 minute periods (at Breezes)? Do I have to return from one session to sign up again? If I am with a friend, can we each sign up for 30 minutes so we can sail for 60 minutes, either continuously or separated?

I'm assuming that the earlier I arrive in the morning, the more likely the hobies will be available and the shorter the wait. (This was the case at Playa Mia in Cozumel the last time I was there.)

Thanks scubagirrl.

Can I sign up for multiple 30 minute periods (at Breezes)? Do I have to return from one session to sign up again? If I am with a friend, can we each sign up for 30 minutes so we can sail for 60 minutes, either continuously or separated?

I'm assuming that the earlier I arrive in the morning, the more likely the hobies will be available and the shorter the wait. (This was the case at Playa Mia in Cozumel the last time I was there.)

Sorry, I can't help you with this.. but I'd guess that the staff would not allow it if there was a waiting list. If you're looking for a day of sailing... I don't think this is it.

We were just at Breezes Saturday & did not go out on the Hobies but we did last February. They had already concluded the lessons for the day but the guy took us out anyway for a really long time. The staff at Breezes are all wonderful!

This is a pic from last February & there was quite a bit of seaweed. Last Saturday the water was crystal clear!

232323232%7Ffp43358%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D3638936638324nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43448%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D363%3A6%3A9884324nu0mrj

We were just at Breezes Saturday & did not go out on the Hobies but we did last February. They had already concluded the lessons for the day but the guy took us out anyway for a really long time. The staff at Breezes are all wonderful!

This is a pic from last February & there was quite a bit of seaweed. Last Saturday the water was crystal clear!

232323232%7Ffp43358%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D3638936638324nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43448%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D363%3A6%3A9884324nu0mrj

I'm assuming that you enjoyed Breezes? We're planning our day in Nassau there since it's adults only and all-inclusive. Any suggestions you can share?

We have been to Nassau six times & went to Breezes the last two so obviously we like it there. :D:D We planned to go back week after next but they changed our port time & we have to be back on the ship by 3:30 so I am not sure what we will do.

We always end up going with a group of friends we meet on the ship & there is something for everyone.

The beach is beautiful & we had no problems finding loungers. You can get towels from the towel hut. There were very few vendors & they were not pushy. Breezes provides a lot of security.

232323232%7Ffp43856%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D374237%3B246324nu0mrj

All non-motorized water activities are included. There is a rock climbing wall, flying trapeze, kayaks, hobies, snorkeling, pool & beach volleyball, etc. They offer activities around the pool like horseshoe & ladderball tournaments, dance lessons, games, etc. There are jet skis & para-sailing available to rent.

232323232%7Ffp43874%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D374237%3B438324nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43847%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D374237%3C745324nu0mrj

The staff is amazing. There is a pool side place that serves burgers, great salads, conch, etc. The first time we went we did not realize they have a big buffet in the hotel that has all different kinds of food & includes a salad bar & pizza stand & a big dessert section.

They have a strawberry daquiri & pina coloda machine & you add your own rum from a bottle sitting on the bar. There is a swim-up bar. The Dirty Banana drinks are yummy! They even had my favorite, Captain Morgan's!

We have been to Nassau six times & went to Breezes the last two so obviously we like it there. :D:D We planned to go back week after next but they changed our port time & we have to be back on the ship by 3:30 so I am not sure what we will do.

We always end up going with a group of friends we meet on the ship & there is something for everyone.

The beach is beautiful & we had no problems finding loungers. You can get towels from the towel hut. There were very few vendors & they were not pushy. Breezes provides a lot of security.

232323232%7Ffp43856%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D374237%3B246324nu0mrj

All non-motorized water activities are included. There is a rock climbing wall, flying trapeze, kayaks, hobies, snorkeling, pool & beach volleyball, etc. They offer activities around the pool like horseshoe & ladderball tournaments, dance lessons, games, etc. There are jet skis & para-sailing available to rent.

232323232%7Ffp43874%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D374237%3B438324nu0mrj

232323232%7Ffp43847%3Enu%3D3235%3E9%3B8%3E%3B96%3EWSNRCG%3D374237%3C745324nu0mrj

The staff is amazing. There is a pool side place that serves burgers, great salads, conch, etc. The first time we went we did not realize they have a big buffet in the hotel that has all different kinds of food & includes a salad bar & pizza stand & a big dessert section.

They have a strawberry daquiri & pina coloda machine & you add your own rum from a bottle sitting on the bar. There is a swim-up bar. The Dirty Banana drinks are yummy! They even had my favorite, Captain Morgan's!

This sounds ideal. Thank you so much. After seeing your photos and reading about your fun days, I can't help but wonder why Sandals is almost double the price? I think Breezes sounds like a perfect day. Thanks again.

Thanks again to everyone for posting this information. :)

It seems like Breezes provides a captain for the Hobies. Do they let guests sail without one of their staff? I am experienced sailor and don't want to be taken for a sail on a hobie only as a passenger, or even with a staff member along for the ride.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks again to everyone for posting this information. :)

It seems like Breezes provides a captain for the Hobies. Do they let guests sail without one of their staff? I am experienced sailor and don't want to be taken for a sail on a hobie only as a passenger, or even with a staff member along for the ride.

I called Breezes earlier this week. Everyone I spoke to was very helpful. The person who answered the phone wasn't familiar with day passes and transferred me to someone who was, who told me that day passes now are $65 and are valid from 10am to 5pm. This person didn't know the answers to my specific questions and transferred me to the water sports hut. Don stayed on the phone and answered everything i asked. He said that they have several hobies; that as an experienced sailor I could go without a captain; that each guest gets about 30 minutes on the hobie, but that he could give me a little more time if demand was low; that arriving early in the morning would give me more time on the boat before it got crowded; that if two guests sail together that would count as the 30 minutes for each of them; and most important, to come see him and he would ensure that we have a great time when we visit.

Unfortunately, since I wouldn't be drinking much, I don't think it is worth $65 each (the current price of the day pass) to get only 1/2 hour of sailing. So I may make other plans for the day in Nassau.

Archived