Best Cruise Line for Families?

baseballmom94

our first Family Cruise this Dec...for a family of 5.. we have a double cabin and a triple cabin side by side...was pretty reasonable..

We have never Cruised on anything besides RCI before..

Good Luck finding one for your family :)

BaseballMom ~ We are going on our first family cruise in 3 weeks on Norwegian Dawn. We booked a mini-suite, but got upgraded to the Penthouse suite (2 bedrooms). Before we booked the cruise, I did some research on kid programs (DS is 7 and DD is 2) and I found that NCL had the widest variety program with the longest hours. The one thing that surprised me is that the kid club is operating even while we're in port. Not that we would leave our kids on board and go off the ship ourselves; but, it's nice to know we can go play a trivia game or something if we ended up not doing an excursion. We liked this itinerary because it stops in Orlando (well Port Canaveral) so we can do one day at Disney without really breaking the bank.

The last 3 cruises we've been on, we saw lots of families and all seemed to be happy and having a good time (RCL, Princess, and NCL). Look on the NCL boards after June 19th and I'll post my review so you can have a first-hand impression.

Happy Sailing!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Carnival for us with kids!!! There Great and lots of things for the kids to do. Very rarely saw our 11 year old, untill it was time for dinner and him to tell us what he had been doing!! Great for the Kids!!!

We did Disney with our kids as our first cruise and then did Carnival. Disney was by far the better of the two. It was however alot more money. I left my children in the kids club while in port on Disney but would never have considered it on Carnival. Kids are young teens now and we are trying NCL next. I'm sure they will love it but are now old enough that if the kids club is boring they will just leave.

Monica

Archived