Hotel Opinions/Suggestions Please

LizaMM

I have posted this question in the Hotel Pre & Post Cruise Area and Carnival Message Board as well......Sorry if you are reading this more than once!!!.....

I am helping my girlfriend plan her honeymoon vacation. They will be sailing out of NOLA in July and need a hotel for one night pre-cruise and one night post-cruise.

For the pre-cruise....they will be flying in after their wedding on Sunday and will not arrive in New Orleans until later in the evening. They basically need a nice place to sleep since they will head for the pier after breakfast. This IS their official "wedding night" so we were hoping to find a place that would be nice. This is a 2nd marriage and they have been living together so price and location (easy to pier) would rank higher than ambiance in the long run.

For the post-cruise.....The cruise returns on a Saturday morning and they will be flying back home on Sun evening so they have all Sat afternoon and most of Sun in New Orleans. THIS should be a nice, honeymoon appropriate hotel, close to the action etc.

Since I am researching this for them I am turning to my CC friends for opinions and suggestions!!!!

Thanks!

Oh wow, so many hotels to choose from. Aren't you a nice friend for helping her out?

For the pre-cruise night, I suggest the Hilton Riverside, which is located near the pier, and they could ask for a room overlooking the river. For the post-cruise night, I'd definitely try for the Inn on Bourbon (Ramada Plaza). It's the BEST location for playing around in the Quarter - very convenient to everything. Best wishes to the happy couple. I know they'll enjoy their cruise (on the Sensation?), and their time in N.O. - my hometown.:)

Oh wow, so many hotels to choose from. Aren't you a nice friend for helping her out?

For the pre-cruise night, I suggest the Hilton Riverside, which is located near the pier, and they could ask for a room overlooking the river. For the post-cruise night, I'd definitely try for the Inn on Bourbon (Ramada Plaza). It's the BEST location for playing around in the Quarter - very convenient to everything. Best wishes to the happy couple. I know they'll enjoy their cruise (on the Sensation?), and their time in N.O. - my hometown.:)

Thanks! I was hoping that I'd get a reply from you :)

Yes...they will be on the Sensation.

I am enjoying helping them plan the honeymoon! They are both friends of mine - we all met through a single parents social group and she has become one of my closest friends over the past couple of years. The wife to be and I cruised together with our kids 2 years ago. It was a first cruise for both of us. I have taken a few since then but she has not gotten to and he has never cruised before. I KNOW they will have a great time!!

Just an FYI on NO in July, we are cruising the end of July and found it hard to find an available hotel. Apparently there are a lot of conventions in town and with the cruise ships too they fill up fast. I found a lot of the hotels have a "park and cruise" special if you ask. I'm sure you will be able to find a hotel, what a great friend you are!!:)

Archived