Royal Princess Aft & Caribe-like Balconies - Photo

5:00_Somewhere

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

How was cabin R735? We have it booked in February. I've been obsessed trying to find information on it since we booked it in January! Any info or comments would be greatly appreciated...soot, need to bring umbrella? Thanks! Mimi

How was cabin R735? We have it booked in February. I've been obsessed trying to find information on it since we booked it in January! Any info or comments would be greatly appreciated...soot, need to bring umbrella? Thanks! Mimi

We were in R734 last November - so literally the identical cabin, right next door; shared a balcony divider with R735. The cabin itself was wonderful: nice Deluxe Balcony cabin with the little love seat; flat screen TV on the wall opposite the foot of the bed; lovely bathroom (though odd placement of the toilet paper roll - as many have commented on); has a 3rd bed hidden away in the ceiling in front of the balcony sliding glass doors (don't worry, it is completely flush with the rest of the ceiling when tucked away).

The balcony is H-U-G-E and fully uncovered, so very sunny. The one problem we had was a major issue with soot. Not only did it cover everything all the time, but it literally "rained" down on us when we were on the balcony trying to take to enjoy one of the primary reasons we booked that particular cabin. The soot ruined a friend's white blouse because we had the poor judgment to actually try standing on our balclny during sail away; and it drove me inside the one time I tried to sit out there to read on a sea day when it was literally raining down on my head and the pages of my book. We also had a horrible problem with diesel fumes making the balcony unusable - fortunately, we did not notice the fumes inside the cabin.

It's a nice cabin, but be prepared to deal with major soot issues, as I have not heard anything about the problem being significantly alleviated.

I'm very sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you asked and I thought it only fair to warn you.

I should say also, though, that the balcony soot issue did not "ruin our cruise". We very much enjoyed a great deal about the Royal. But we were very disappointed that we were not able to use our balcony.

I do hope you have a good cruise, though. Sincerely.

All the best!

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere