Excursions or AI Resort

Ta8633

Question? I will be sailing Nov 5 on Ecstasy to Bahamas/Keys. In he Bahamas is it better to do an Excursion or do some of the AI resorts in the area offer day passes? We are in Freeport and Nassau. Just trying to decide. Or better to just do an excursion and then head back to boat. Thanks!

PS - This site is very addicting:rolleyes:

Question? I will be sailing Nov 5 on Ecstasy to Bahamas/Keys. In he Bahamas is it better to do an Excursion or do some of the AI resorts in the area offer day passes? We are in Freeport and Nassau. Just trying to decide. Or better to just do an excursion and then head back to boat. Thanks!

PS - This site is very addicting:rolleyes:

I think it depends on what kind of experience you want...if it's beach time, then yes, the AI resorts will be great! If you want to do an excursion, go for it...but don't rush back to the boat. Make the most of your time in port and see as much as possible! For suggestions and recommendations about a particular excursion, do a search on this site as well as the internet. I usually get some good input from trip advisor. I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time whatever you choose to do!

We were in Nassau at the end of August and went to the Sheraton, it was $25pp for the day pass. We took a taxi from the port and spent a few hours there then went across the road from the Sheraton for one of the best daquiris we have ever had made with fresh fruit from the Daq Shack. We then hopped on the #10 jitney and returned to the port. We had a great time.

In Freeport we had read about going to Port Lucaya so we did this but we didn't enjoy it and ended up returning to the ship early and enjoying a quiet ship. Everyone complains about the port area so I was pleasantly surprised that it had some shops and bars and was decent enough. Maybe I am just easy to please since I am on vacation and on a cruise. We are going back to Freeport in May and I want to enjoy serenity but family wants to do something so I am still trying to figure something out but have lots of time.

Archived