Larry,

Please share with us your vision for Azamara 5 years from today. Specifically, what are you plans for Azamara in terms of size, customer base, itineraries, etc. What steps are you taking to implement this vision over the next 5 years? From the customer perspective, it seems that in the past few years the transition has not always been smooth. Below is an excerpt from Post 444 in the Big Announcement thread which lists a lot of recent changes. To this list, I have added at the beginning 3 other points so there are 9 in all:

1. The rebranding of Azamara when you took the helm;

2. The references by your officers to building a third ship that never materializes.

3. Azamara's rescission and reinstatement of the 2011 50% off shore excursions for 2012

Excerpt from post 444 by DFISHNER:

1 Larry making that wow announcement in Jan about what was going to happen about the ships never happened and we were strung along for quite awhile expecting something really big and then we are not going to do that and it just turned into a normal renovation. I think what is going to be done is fine but there was a big expectation and maybe Larry should of not said anything and I will pass it off to human error. It did create an expectation that never matieralized.

2 Then there was the booking engine that took away the resourse to look at cabins and pricing that went on and on until my head hurt.. Why did Azamara do this I have no idea and it was the wrong thing to do. This issue made me start to think who is running this cruise line to make a decision like this in this day and age.

3) Then we had the issue with the 50% off and what was the real number that went on for weeks. This seemed to be an IT issue so this is a technical issue. But it should not of happened if what is put out is tested to insure the system works fine and what is on line is correct.

4) Then we had the Nespresso and enough said about that and it still makes no sense to me why this is being done and I know I will never purchase that when I can get freshly ground beans for an expresso or latte. I am still shaking my head about that one.

5) Now we have the 10/1 announcement that told us we are increasing the price for 2014 we are adding spirts and are adding a night tour for the whole ship and by the way that 2013 50% off shore ex that is in our brochure and we told you would be available for our cruise will be no longer after March for the Quest and May for the Journey. You cannot take away something away in mid stream especially when it is advertised for the entire year. That makes me angry I booked in good faith and what I was expecting to get I am not any longer..That is just plain bad business decision on Azmara part.

6) Then there is the article from 3 years ago that pop up on here which added more to the fuel to the fire of number 5. And the tone of it was very much in your face.

Archived