med/TA cruse

i am looking to book our first cruise for europe/med with a TA back to states to celebrate a 70th birthday for my italian husband who has never been to europe. Looking for recommendations of a good cruise/ship as well as an easy city to fly into and get the cruise. I am thinking that doing a B2B on the same boat is the way to go.

Any help?

thanks.

Hi, tiger, if you use the Royal Caribbean website "advanced" cruise search engine, you can filter by both Europe and Transatlantic...and then your preferred months of travel from the ones highlighted...to see what options appeal to you. The ships reposition from Europe back to the US in late summer/fall/winter, so that will be the time frame you need to consider for most lines, unless you want to go to the Med and then transfer to London and take the QM2 across.

In 2013, Royal Caribbean has two options that exactly meet your desire to stay on the same ship for both your Med voyage and crossing: the Liberty and the Legend, both in October. Without knowing what part of Italy your husband is from, I vote the Legend because it covers more of Italy and it departs from Venice, so you could fly to Italy in advance of your cruise and spend a little time exploring by land if you like. Here's the Legend's itinerary:

Oct 21 - 9 Night Med - Venice; Montenegro; Messina, Sicily; Naples; Civitavecchia (Rome); Livorno (Florence); Marseilles; Barcelona

Oct 30 - 13 Night Crossing - Barcelona, a few stops in Spain and the Canary Islands, then disembark in Ft. Lauderdale

Good luck with your research and planning! What a wonderful birthday present for your husband. He will "owe you" when you have your landmark birthday! :D

Archived