Norwegian Spirit

bauerdogs

There has been a lot of discussion about this. If you want to see all of it go back to earlier posts. What I have read is that there are hair dryers but some people with very thick hair find them somewhat lacking. Others say the're ok. People who wish to bring their own hair dryers need to also bring a step down power converter/adapter & use the international outlet as hair dryers require too much amperage & blow out the fuses for the entire hall. Some hair dryers can use either 110 or 220. If yours does you can use the 220 outlet but will need an adapter to be able to plug it in.

They have hair dryers and they work fine. I have long hair and haven't had anything but satisfaction on the NCL ships. Leave yours at home and save space in your luggage!

Hikini:D

I found the hair dryer terribly inadequate. I was really disappointed that my hair looked so freaky, because the hair dryer had no oomph. My hair is thin but long. I read these boards, so I knew to purchase a step down converter. I couldn't get the converter I had purchased to work. Must have purchased the wrong one. I don't know what converter to recommend (since I obviously purchased the wrong one). I was actually embarrassed at how terrible my hair looked, because the hair dryer is so poor. I dealt with the terrible hairstyles, like I dealt with the rough seas and rain. But it was very frustating that I couldn't even style my hair.

The one in our cabin a couple weeks ago was terrific. I was expecting another semi-useless one like I had on RCI's Adventure of the SEas, but I was happily wrong!

Perhaps there are a few out there needing replacement. If you get one like that, my advice is to ask if it's possible to have another one instead. Better to ask than to suffer in silence!

I was on the Spirt 5/11-5/14, I was actually impressed with the hair dryer in our cabin. I have pretty average hair, but long. I only blow dry my hair never leave it to dry on it's own. I was nervous about the conversion stuff, so left mine at home. Another option is the womens dressing room at the spa has a normal hair dryer. One of the girls in our room went up and used it. (we had three women in our cabin and sometimes getting ready was crowded) She actually loved going up to that area to get ready. Big open space.

Archived