Anyone used Carolyn Barrett Aventure Tours in Jamaica?

teresastreed

Has anyone used Carolyn Barrett Adventure Tours in Jamaica? I was looking at booking either the Dunn's River Falls & Secret Falls Tour with them or the river boarding/rafting tour with them. Can anyone give them a good recommendation? They require a 50% deposit with a credit card up front and I haven't seen or heard much about them on cruisecritic. Any experience with the tour company would be helpful. Thanks!:)

We (myself, 2 daughters and 2 family friends) used Barrett Adventures several years ago when we sailed to Jamaica on the Conquest on an all girl trip. We saw a Jamaica that many miss when they visit--driving through the mountains and countryside on some very narrow mountain passes added a bit of adventure to say the least. Our guide Chester showed us a wonderful time. He was so informative and took great care of his carload of adventurous women. We did YS Falls and the Pelican Bar. I highly recommend them.

• 1 month later...

We just returned from Caribbean Cruise where we used Barrett Adventures to Secret Falls and River Tubing. It was the highlight of our cruise! The Secret Falls were amazing...Kevin, our guide was very encouraging and took many pictures of us! Unlike Dunn's Falls where you just walk up the falls, we got to swim in many pools and under waterfalls! It was so fun and very pretty! Tubing was relaxing, but not as cool as the Secret Falls. Our guide, Loxley was excellent and took us for jerk chicken before going back to the ship. Carolyn Barrett always answered my emails immediately and runs a very professional organization! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Archived